Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-17-2015, 06:38 PM

Finished binding 3 quilts for Quilts for Kids today at a Sew and Meet. I'm up to 6 finished quilts for January (albeit baby quilts).
Old 01-17-2015, 09:32 PM

No UFOs completed yet, but one top ready to sandwich and quilt and one tote ready to put handle on and attach lining. So making progress a bit slowly.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:22 PM

Got a scrappy batik/blender quilttop finished today; working on a matching runner. Been working on this project off & on for a few years. Decided this was the year to get it finished. Hopefully can get them quilted & bound within a couple months. Then will post pics. Lovely finishes everyone...
Old 01-18-2015, 07:44 PM

Got my bird quilt put together. Now I have 2 to attach bindings. No more sewing for me though...DH is packing up my machine for our adventure!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:29 AM

One more UFO day and my top should be together except for the border. Then I can search for border fabric. Also have pulled out a wall hanging UFO to hand quilt. 2015 Challenge Project all cut out and ready to start and I have promised myself to finish it early -- so will work on it next.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:11 AM

Well, I knew my latest UFO was big but I just checked on line and discovered that my quilt was actually some variation that is close to a queen. Yes, in-deedy do it is 96 X 74. Why did I do this to myself? Got the binding sewn on yesterday and about half way finished with hand sewing the binding to the back. It is a signed exchange block quilt from my guild. Will post a photo when finished.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

I've finished a baby quilt for my DGD, and a doll size one for her dolly. Need to do the binding on a project next.
Love the progress ladies!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:55 AM

I am in trouble now, my wool yarn order from JoAnn's arrived yesterday and I started a knitting project last night.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

I wish I could be sewing...doing EOY bookwork for our business--have tax appt on Thursday---ugggh
Old 01-21-2015, 09:06 AM

You guys crack me up! I see the postings for patterns avail on this site, yarn being bought. LADIES this is how we got in trouble! lol. just one more pattern.. just one more thing then I will get back to it.. I know. I am the biggest sucker of it all. I think I need that fabric then I remember you have three book shelves full of it. hello. get using that stuff up first. will it happen? probably not. its a good idea though.

today its two blocks for a boom swap to do. I don't know why I signed up for this. I had a two month swap no trouble! then recalled I have surgery and will be without one leg and one arm for a month. oh ok. how to do that now in one month plus the wall hanging I signed up to do (sound familiar anyone?) so I am running like a chicken with my head cut off. sigh. so typical of me. grin..but that sounds so FUN!

I am warning you. Don't do it. Don't buy more fabric. Don't buy new patterns. There will always be patterns out there. And fabric. USE up what you have. Sew up what you have started before you sew something new. by the time you dig through ufos its a new project trust me. In other words.. don't do what I do!!! now to kick that habit. wish me luck.