2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-26-2017, 05:31 AM

Lots of cool fabrics AU!
Old 08-26-2017, 07:21 AM

I shudder to think of how hard it would be resisting the fabric urge Oksewglad if I was working in a quilt store. Would I at some point go ho hum not more time spent with fabric. That's hard to imagine. The fabric would be calling my name every free minute!
Old 08-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

I have to dare myself to go into the wilderness that is my sewing room and corral all of the errand bits and bobs that moved around as well as unearth the assorted fabrics that migrated into the corners. Bags and boxes to be emptied and order to be created out of chaos. The mind is willing but the rest of me wants to play here.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I have to dare myself to go into the wilderness that is my sewing room and corral all of the errand bits and bobs that moved around as well as unearth the assorted fabrics that migrated into the corners. Bags and boxes to be emptied and order to be created out of chaos. The mind is willing but the rest of me wants to play here.

...this describes my sewing space as well!!!I sewed little 9P's until 3:00 am...sew hard to get up this morning!!!
Old 08-26-2017, 06:55 PM

Default Fabric moratorium

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
I'm in! I have so many beautiful prints in my stash that I am anxious to use. I shouldn't have to purchase any prints, but maybe an occasional solid or blender to go with them. If I use up my stash, I won't feel guilty taking advantage of the Black Friday sales in 2017! Thanks for starting this thread!
I am in as well. Had been out of loop for past year because of family things. I have also been trying to shop my stash this full year. Have been working on Christmas stockings for local hospital NICU. Opened my Christmas box of fabrics and it was full - all 42 quart of that box. Have sewn 24 stockings fully lined and quilted with batting between layers. Also 2 sets of Christmas coasters, 2 sets of 24" lined round Christmas napkins, more scrap fabrics from these projects cut for 24 additional coasters and can not understand why my box is still half full. Only thing I have purchased this year is batting which was unbelievably crazy sale for full size. Enough for next year and half, so done with that. I have started giving scraps away and about 40 magazines through quilt guild free table. Can't believe my precut drawers are full of sorted and marked fabrics according to BONNIE HUNTER guidelines. After that decided somebody would put other uncut scraps to use, so going to quilt guild at next meeting. Third batch so far.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:05 AM

Welcome annieshane!

My quilt space is looking chaotic too but the I've been allowing myself to get sidetracked when I start to sort it out. How quick my sidetracking is a little embarrassing!
Old 08-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

SO I managed to get the table half-way clean but the ironing board is overflowing. Do I go put the fabric away? Of course not. Hey - the table is clean, I can start quilting my Halloween wall hanging. Sounds logical to me..... AND it is a UFO.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:22 PM

SO I managed to get the table half-way clean but the ironing board is overflowing. Do I go put the fabric away? Of course not. Hey - the table is clean, I can start quilting my Halloween wall hanging. Sounds logical to me..... AND it is a UFO.
UFOs take precedence, unless you need to start something new so you will have some UFOs for next year or maybe the one after that

Rob
Old 08-27-2017, 01:54 PM

oops, wrong thread.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:58 AM

wow, I thought I stopped in for a visit and I didn't know.