2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-15-2017, 04:01 PM

Madquilter, we will consider that great calculating on your binding. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Such pretty fabric members have bought. I really like the fabric. See I'm living through your purchase. Ok sort of. Read on...

Well I went on my short bus trip. It was fun. I did not buy on the 1st shop. The 2nd shop I bought 5 yards of batik for my BHMQ border, 1 RBR kit, & a very small ruler. I think I did really good in not buying lots more at the 2nd shop.

Another question of the day. If I order a finishing kit and a few RBR kits to make a large wall hanging, do we considered I have fell from the wagon? I just could not resist this pattern. I will start this pattern soon. I won't finish it until next year though.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:58 PM

There's different kinds of addiction. There are those we just don't need at all: smoking, alcohol, drugs. Go cold turkey.
Then there's those we need to cut back on: overeating, over-TV, over-reading, over-buying quilt fabric......
Then there's those that are just fine the way they are.

Are you in control or is the addiction in control?
Old 08-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Quit smoking cold turkey from a pack and a half habit in '85. Like alcohol and have it regularly (as I'm sitting here enjoying a glass of red) but I have no problem and I do know my limit. Drugs - I take them sparingly as prescribed. No narcotic addiction here. Food is a different story and my TV is on a lot but it's usually reruns so I keep it for company. The fabric used to have a much stronger draw on a regular basis. Now it is just an occasional blip of impulse challenge.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

I ordered a few templates from Missouri Star and oops, a jelly roll found its way into the basket. I have NO IDEA how that happened and claim the 5th. It's one with stripes and dots in the rainbow color wave. I want to use it for the graduated color quilt Jenny has where one strip is inserted upside down. Just LOVE that look for some reason. It is so simple but so pretty.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:46 PM

Default Vacation Exception

DH and I went up to Maine recently and so I took a "vacation exception" when I went to Marden's. I had a list of items to finish up projects, the proverbial lights/whites/blacks to restock the stash and a couple of novelty themes. As you can see it went pretty well. I even found a piece from Moda's Holly's Tree Farm collection to use with the layer cake I won at a guild meeting- bottom left corner of first picture. And how could I possibly pass up those sheep faces? Or the grey dreamcatchers on white? Not bad though, I didn't veer far off the course.
Attached Thumbnails mardens-haul-1.jpg   mardens-lights.jpg   mardens-kaffe-bundle.jpg  
Old 08-22-2017, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
DH and I went up to Maine recently and so I took a "vacation exception" when I went to Marden's. I had a list of items to finish up projects, the proverbial lights/whites/blacks to restock the stash and a couple of novelty themes. As you can see it went pretty well. I even found a piece from Moda's Holly's Tree Farm collection to use with the layer cake I won at a guild meeting- bottom left corner of first picture. And how could I possibly pass up those sheep faces? Or the grey dreamcatchers on white? Not bad though, I didn't veer far off the course.
I would say you did well considering your exception. Vacations are difficult, especially when you put material places on your list of things to visit. I guess I am lucky, I haven't had vacation in awhile, so no temptation there. But I do have one more week of my birthday exception and have seen some I really like, but haven't talked myself into it yet. Guess I have done so well so far this year, I am really kicking this habit. Lets see if I fall off the wagon on this and how bad it hurts, lol. This whole thing has been good for me, thanks everyone.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:06 AM

Oh and coming up to Maine is always a good idea, lol, got to love those Mardens.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 PM

What cute fabric AUQuilter. Those sheep would be hard to resist.

I keep staying strong on fabric. I might look but when the yearning starts it's time to get off line or out of the store.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

elly...Some days it's hard to leave the store when you work there! Boss Lady had a pile of fabrics that were going out the door and one was a piece I have admired for quite some time...I succumbed..had to have 3 yards of it...she just laughed at me!

But the Maine fabrics are wonderful...BTW we have the sheep in my LQS as well as cows and pigs...cute cute fabrics..the neutrals will coordinate with other fabrics you may have, right? So that aids in stash reduction!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:20 AM

Love your fabric choices AUQ.

I'm looking for background fabric. I'm just slow in going on the internet to look for fabric. Plus, I don't buy fabric that way. I will need to buy some soon to redo my BHMQ. I decided I want to change a step and don't have any dark purple and background fabric to for this step. I need to go through my scraps and stash one more time to make sure I don't have any fabric for this. I will need backing fabric for this top when I get it finished. I want to get this top finished by November. It's for me. My birthday present to me from me.

Happy sewing everyone.