Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-10-2017, 06:20 AM

I'm also reorganizing my quilting supplies. They are scattered all over the apartment and when I want something I have to search for it. It might not actually count as a finish, but it will make future finishes easier.

Not a complete finish yet, but I finished piecing a table runner that has been languishing for a year and marked the border of a lap quilt to be quilted and then bound. So I'm making progress. Hopefully will have pics of both completely projects later this week.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:57 AM

Awfully quiet here this year. Is everyone still recuperating from the New Year? Let's see if we can get a little chatter going. Some of us, like me, need the boost to keep us moving along. But we have had three finishes so far so I know you all are out there! I'm working on my scrappy UFO but I'm weeks out from finishing. This train is off to a slow start but she is a rollin'.

So, what are you working on?

FYI, don't forget that you can get notifications of the posts here so as finishes happen, you can zip on over and give your congratulations! And be sure to bookmark/favorite this thread for an easy find.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:35 AM

I have been so busy this month. I have a UFO out and working on finishing it. Its a Christmas advent calendar I just need to do a little more FMQ but the thread is tickin me off breaking all the time unless I go super slow even with the big needle. It weird as its only been this color that does this and may be the spool. I have several more UFOs in line just trying to find time. Was trying not to start something new but loving the blocks in the Summer solstice quilt that Pat sloan is doing so might go ahead and do that for some quilts I have longed planned to make for people that I already have the fabric for but never started since I could not decide on a pattern. So I guess those are sort of a type of UFO's lol.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:10 AM

I've been busy finishing some Boom 13 blocks for my grandson. I gave it to him today and he loves it! This is another QAYG quilt. You can barely see his shoe peeking out at the bottom. LOL Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails 101_0281-2-.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 10:48 AM

Between eye doctor appointments, putting together new bookcases and desks, and adjusting to hubby being fully retired, my UFOs have been a bit neglected. But I have been scheduling some daily time in my sewing/dining room.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Libster! I remember this one and it's definitely a UFO. Boom 13 ended around June of 2014. Good for you! Congratulations and Toot, Toot for your finish. I bet your Grandson loves it. Obviously the QAYG method is working out well for you.

[Libster;7738098]I've been busy finishing some Boom 13 blocks for my grandson. I gave it to him today and he loves it! This is another QAYG quilt. You can barely see his shoe peeking out at the bottom. LOL Here it is:

[/QUOTE]
Old 01-10-2017, 11:23 AM

"Libster! I remember this one and it's definitely a UFO. Boom 13 ended around June of 2014. Good for you! Congratulations and Toot, Toot for your finish. I bet your Grandson loves it. Obviously the QAYG method is working out well for you. "

I love this way of making them! So much faster for me and easier to manage on a regular sewing machine. He just asked me for this one at Christmas. I finished it yesterday and gave it to him today. For a 31 year old guy, he was pretty pleased with it. When I know it's appreciated, it kinda' gives me the incentive to start on another one right away. BTW- it got me taken out to lunch with him today. I enjoyed the heck out of that!

Last edited by Libster; 01-10-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Great finish, Libster. That turned out really nice.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:15 PM

Thank you, rryder.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:44 PM

Libster congratulations on that finish and out to lunch as a thank you, man that's got to be a great feeling.

Busy trying to keep my password updated to the board. Finished some hand embroidering and now going to re-acquaint myself to one of the three of these sewing machines that is around here. Trying to get busy.