Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 07-28-2017, 07:40 AM

Congratulations on your UFO finish! I love you color choices. Congratulations and TOOT, TOOT!
Originally Posted by anne2016 View Post
Have a UFO finished for July. Found the free pattern on the 'net. Like most of my quilts, it is a scrappy but can't remember the pattern name. Decided to SID around all the colored units...what a chore to do on my small machine! Took a long time to finish. Sorry about the too-big pics.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]577366[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577365[/ATTACH]
Old 07-29-2017, 03:13 AM

Just thought this group would like to see how this piece turned out, "the collaborative quilt," that I did finish earlier in July. Janice, you don't have to count as a UFO finish, I thought I would let everyone see it.
Attached Thumbnails 20170709_063026colloborative-ufo.jpg  
Old 07-29-2017, 04:01 AM

Lots of finishes recently!

Wildyard- cool, unique solution for how to display those karate belts.

petthefabric-neat art quilts! I love the variation in these pieces. PS- I used that same horse fabric one Christmas to make quilted tote bags for some of my barn friends

anne2016- neat pattern, very pretty scrappy!

Cherrybsixty- thanks for letting us see how your collaboration turned out. Good job!

Rob
Old 07-29-2017, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Lots of finishes recently!

Wildyard- cool, unique solution for how to display those karate belts.

petthefabric-neat art quilts! I love the variation in these pieces. PS- I used that same horse fabric one Christmas to make quilted tote bags for some of my barn friends

anne2016- neat pattern, very pretty scrappy!

Cherrybsixty- thanks for letting us see how your collaboration turned out. Good job!

Rob
Thanks Rob, you always have kind words for everyone. My part on this piece was only the hand quilting, trying to do more of that type of work, along with walking foot domestic machine quilting.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:57 AM

I too went onto the old thread before realising my mistake. I wish it could be taken off the sticky list. Is there a reason it is on that list but the current 2017 thread isn't? It does get confusing at times.

Lots of wonderful finishes being done. I don't think I'll have one for this month. I've pieced two tops and quilted three others, but haven't bound any. But when I get the other two quilted, I'll bind away all at one time, so hopefully will have a few to show for next month.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the quilting eye candy posted here.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:24 AM

Good afternoon! I've emailed PatriceJ to see if we can get the correct thread "stuck". Unfortunately, I was unaware of the issue since the 2017 thread is bookmarked in my devices and that's how I always get in. Thank you for alerting me to the problem!
Old 07-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Hello everyone. Yeah, I have been quiet. We left for vacation in June, then got back and have been husseling to get things caught up and then daughter got very sick. She was in hospital for a few days, Ecoli poisoning and kidney infection. Yeah, she was not a happy camper. She is on the mend now thankfully. Then nephew is living with us temporarily and he got a dog. So that is three dogs in my house. He just found out today that he will be paying me from now on for the dog food. It is not a small dog. I am at a point, you either pay rent or get out. Yes, he has been here for three months. My quilting money is obsolete right now. I have not finished any UFOs at all this month. Not good. I did get my row by row quilt turned in. Just enjoying time with hubby and getting my garden in order.

Wow! You have had a busy summer. Glad to hear your daughter is doing better. Sounds scarey! Three bigger dogs inside in the house! With people moving out in August is that the first time in years it will be just you, hubby and the 2 dogs? Nice to have the longarm in the house. I have a hard time with working in the garages and such because the temperature tends to flux too much due to lack of insulation. Good to hear from you.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Belfrybat, love the soft colors in your quilt. I just want to cuddle it
QM, nice landscape...that is one thing I have never tried, well that and paper pieced beauty.
I swore to myself this year these UFO's were going to be done so they could be donated to a worthy cause. Here's 2 more to add to the 3 I just posted. These were made from the candy swap too. Sewed the binding on or they wouldn't be done. Have to show you a pic our littlest grand daughter. She's been walking for about 2 1/2 weeks and going great guns! Myla will be a year old July31st. Can't wait, she'll be here for 8 days on the 30th of this month[ATTACH=CONFIG]574880[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574882[/ATTACH]
I love all the quilts everyone posted! Jaba your granddaughter is so stinking cute! Her outfit is adorable too.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:36 PM

Default Finally, A July UFO finish!

Well, I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get a finish for July, but I finally managed to get this one finished. It has been hanging around for well over a year because I just wasn't happy with it. Finally I decided to just quilt the layers together so I could remove the safety pins. That was last week. Then I decided I still didn't like it. So I decided to crop it. After cutting it into a number of different pieces I didn't like any of them. So I decided to sew them back together, but not like they were when it was whole. Then I decided it needed some thread scribbling-- don't know if that showed up on the photo. Anyway, after letting it sit all day yesterday and today, I have decided it is done. It's approximately 31" x 42"

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_1306.jpg  
Old 07-29-2017, 06:56 PM

Rob...a unique piece of art! Congrats on the finish.
cherrybsixty... so great that you were able to take part in the finishing of that beauty. Thanks for sharing.