Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 08-02-2017, 05:23 AM

But it's not a UFO any longer! Congratulations and Toot, Toot on a fun and adorable UFO finish.
Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
I have a last minute UFO finish for July, just under the wire. I got the binding on today! This is the Baby's First Year Quilt I made for my daughter's friend. The baby is 2 1/2 now, it's been a UFO for a while. LOL
Old 08-02-2017, 05:27 AM

Sophie, we'll take your word for it We'd love to see a pic when you have an opportunity to post one. In the meantime, Toot, Toot and Congratulations on your UFO finish.
Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I have a small finish for July but I am unable to take a picture right now due to traveling. It is a small quilt made from a "honey bun" I bought years ago. Once we stop long enough for a picture, I will post it.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:29 AM

There are no small UFOs! Congratulations on your lovely Eagle UFO finish. Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by happylab View Post
...I have a small panel ufo completed. I just had to do the quilting on the machine. As noted nothing fancy. I'm trying to practice my straight quilting. [ATTACH=CONFIG]577754[/ATTACH]Now to put in in the closet, until next holiday. I also completed a lab dog pillowcase, not shown. I'm not going to post a pic of that. I also sent 3 UFO's to longarmer to get quilted. I figure next month for at least 2 finishes. So for this month's count, 1 UFO finish. I'm also trying to finish my UFO RWB table topper. I just need to layer the pieces and quilt the top. Next month finish. This month I'm still working on my BHMQ top. It should be finished next week. Unless I get side tracked. Which I do frequently.

Happysewing/quilting everyone.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:36 AM

OK, train riders! I believe I'm all caught up. I've been a bit swamped with database problems and had to re-create a section of it but I think I'm all set now. If anyone posted a finish and didn't receive an acknowledgement, please let me know. FYI, it's VERY easy for me to miss UFOs finishes if they are not marked UFOs finishes! PLEASE do me a favor: In caps or bold print, type UFO finish. Thank you so much for your help!

Let's see if there are any more last minute July finishes that just haven't been posted. Tally for July tomorrow or Friday.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:45 AM

Correction: Not yet bound!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Congratulations on your Horse Quilt in post 1401. (I didn't realize it was a UFO finish as you stated it was not yet quilted.) Toot, Toot!

As for totals, I usually give it a few days into the next month before I make the tally announcement to give people time to post their last minute finishes. Look for the tally in a day or two. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:41 PM

I thought getting it out of my projects by giving it to someone else, counted as a finish?

At our comfort quilt group, I'm considered the designer. So I made the top and quilted it. Then the group welcomes my tops and quilted to complete/finish the quilt.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:25 PM

Absolutely it is! I just need clarity on what is and isn't a UFO finish. if someone posts a pic and and in some way indicates it's not finished, I don't count it as it appears to be an "in progress" picture. .If it's being given away as is, that's a finish. That's precisely why I ask that each UFO finish be identified as such. Some people do post "in progress" pix. I just ask that everyone be clear so there isn't any confusion. Thanks!
Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I thought getting it out of my projects by giving it to someone else, counted as a finish?

At our comfort quilt group, I'm considered the designer. So I made the top and quilted it. Then the group welcomes my tops and quilted to complete/finish the quilt.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:05 PM

Just to be clear on mine lol, I had 2 finishes this month, yay me! The First Year Quilt and the Karate Belt wall hanging.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:25 PM

Here is "1Stripes and Squares". Quilted, blocked, threads cut, bound, labeled and rod pocket finished. Also giving a close up to show the quilting. The design within the triangles was inspired by a print in the fabric. Also, the large on point square is quilted with trees inspired by the stripe design surrounding the square. The design around the large square uses both the front and back of the fabric.
Sorry got the wrong photo and now the correct one won't load. I'll try again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577923[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails framed-stripes.jpg   dscn2631.jpg  
Old 08-02-2017, 09:29 PM

Hopefully this is it[ATTACH=CONFIG]577924[/ATTACH] It's on it's side. The editted one own't load. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails dscn2629.jpg