Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 09-10-2017, 11:17 AM

Toot, toot! We'll take your word for it . Congratulations on your UFO finish!
Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Sew glad to see sew many finishes...WTG folks!

I have a small finish. A couple of years ago I sewed a disappearing pinwheel block from browns and creams...put it on point and added a border from Holly Taylor fall oak leaf print. It's been on my design wall ever since. I made a quick overnight trip to my cousin's...before I left I decided to finish it off as a hostess gift. Yeah I have a UFO done for Sept...sorry no picture...I now have a new camera and cane get back to sharing photos!
Old 09-12-2017, 01:27 PM

Thank you all. I am almost done with a UFO. It is waiting to be painted then binding. So close, so close. I am getting excited. Then two more got their borders cut on and then will get them quilted. I feel a bit of excitement to seeing some of my projects come to a complete finish. Yeah, let us be nice, projects instead of UFO.

Oh and the pups name is J.C. When asked what her name meant, they have a category for most unique name, I told them how we named her: We had two poodles that have passed away, one named Jasper, the other Cuddles, hence J.C. JC was born the day that Jasper passed away which is also the day he was born and my daughter's birthday November 22. Special day for sure. I still like to say Just Cause, or Just Cute, or Jesus Christ.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:06 AM

QM......thanks for posting the name. She is a beautiful dog. I love dogs, the bigger the better. We always had one when we were growing up and DH and I and our family have always enjoyed one or two dogs throughout the years. Our last dog was a mutt. He lived almost 19 years and would have lived longer but he was suffering and we thought it best to let him go. Our kids are all grown and we cried so hard when letting the furbaby go. We will not have another dog. With our age and health problems, we can't give them the attention they need.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:59 PM

yahoo!! our power came back on this afternoon. Now I'm really antsy to leave and it's getting cold here. Suppose to snow at 6000' tonight and tomorrow night and we're at 5400' brrrrr. Been packing fabric and projects to take today, the important stuff Have the potatoes and onions from the garden ready to go, dehydrating is done for green peppers and the tomatoes are in the process. We may go ahead and leave next week instead of the end of the month. I'm so ready for a Florida winter.
In the midst of waiting for Irma to be done, didn't get to much sleep for a few days wondering if our house was going to survive, I did get some UFO's out of the drawer and finished! I had a bunch of table runners and wall hangings that needed either the final border, quilting or the binding.[ATTACH=CONFIG]580583[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]580584[/ATTACH]and a quilt[ATTACH=CONFIG]580585[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3642-1-.jpg   dscf3643-1-.jpg   dscf3641.jpg  
Old 09-14-2017, 08:30 PM

Jaba glad you survived Irma well. Your wall hangs are beautiful. Great way to use your time during the hurricane.

All projects posted are beautiful. Great finishes everyone.

Well, I have a finish UFO for September. My AR Crossroad, my friend quilted the quilt on her long arm. I flipped the back up so you could note my backing and binding. It took over 1 1/2 years to complete. I really enjoyed doing this quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]580588[/ATTACH]

After I get my sewing room rearranged, I will finish my fall wallhanging. If I don't lose my fabric to go with my wall hanging. So far I'm about 50% done. Tomorrow I will try to clear off my sewing machine area so I can sew the next few days. Try to get a few more UFO's completed. Happy UFO'ing everyone.
Attached Thumbnails img_0158.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:13 AM

Jaba- glad to hear your Fla. house survived so you can enjoy your winter there. Congratulations on getting 3 UFOs done! I have a question about the second table runner-- is the border element 3D or is that an optical illusion? Either way, It is very intriguing.

Happylab- good job getting your AR crossroad finished, nice scrappy mix!

Rob
Old 09-15-2017, 04:57 AM

Beautiful finishes happy lab and jaba!

jaba, what is the significance of the number 307?
Old 09-15-2017, 06:51 AM

Happylab your quilt turned out beautiful, love the quilting on it!
Rob, it is 3D, you use a double diamond ruler. They are a little tedious to make but I like the looks of it on some projects.
The quilt is the University of Wyoming fabric, batiks, for the Wyoming Cowboys. The 307 is Wyoming's area code. A guy was here picking up his quilt that h had me make, Royal Crown bags, and he saw this and bought it for his wife for Christmas. She went to the university and is a die-hard fan.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:11 AM

Beautiful Jaba! The 3D is cool. Love the Wyoming quilt.

Happylab, that is a lovely scrap quilt that is finished! Nice job.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:29 AM

You got to work fast. Congratulations on these 3 UFO finishes. Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
yahoo!! our power came back on this afternoon. Now I'm really antsy to leave and it's getting cold here. Suppose to snow at 6000' tonight and tomorrow night and we're at 5400' brrrrr. Been packing fabric and projects to take today, the important stuff Have the potatoes and onions from the garden ready to go, dehydrating is done for green peppers and the tomatoes are in the process. We may go ahead and leave next week instead of the end of the month. I'm so ready for a Florida winter.
In the midst of waiting for Irma to be done, didn't get to much sleep for a few days wondering if our house was going to survive, I did get some UFO's out of the drawer and finished! I had a bunch of table runners and wall hangings that needed either the final border, quilting or the binding.[ATTACH=CONFIG]580583[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]580584[/ATTACH]and a quilt[ATTACH=CONFIG]580585[/ATTACH]