Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 09-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Two great finishes, kristakz! I really like the NYD 2016 mystery one.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:14 AM

Beautiful finishes Kristakatz!

Quiltermomma- glad to hear your daughter is on the mend! Congratulations on the BOS with your dog-- she looks like a real sweetie!

Rob
Old 09-09-2017, 10:30 AM

Krista, congrats on two fantastic finishes.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:45 AM

I'm in! I have several UFOs.

-There's the quilt I made for a friend that went above and beyond for us. I should have given it to him last Christmas. BUT! He just moved into a new house, so I'll give it for a housewarming gift! Saved!!! It just needs to be trimmed and bound...almost there.

-Then, there's the "Campfire" quilt, which is almost done. I have it quilted, but found an area that I missed before I went and put the binding on it. I'm thinking of ripping off the binding so I can quilt to the edge and also adding on to it so it's bigger...UGH!

- There's the "Asterisk" quilt top that I love, but I' haven't found any backing for it yet. I may just do a pieced backing with scraps...I'll save some money there.

- I'm doing a "quicky" quilt for Project Linus. I'm almost done piecing it...still needs to sandwiched and quilted.

-There's "Dwight the Deer" pillow cover. I've been working on it lately. The quilting is almost done. Still gotta wash it (and pray it doesn't bleed,) make some piping for it, make a back for it. Should be finished in time for Christmas.

- AHHHH! I was going through all of my UFOs the other day and low and behold, I unrolled a quilt back and there, inside, was another quilt top I'd forgotten about! It's ready to be quilted, bound and thrown on my very own bed.

Do I have to do ALL of these by Dec. 31st? That's asking a lot. :O

~ Cindy
Old 09-09-2017, 10:49 AM

OH...September 30th! Well, I can maybe do one, or two of these. Such is the life of a procrastinator.

~ C
Old 09-09-2017, 10:51 AM

Janice, those quilts are beautiful!

Also, that pup is a cutie-patooty!

~ C
Old 09-09-2017, 01:53 PM

QM I'm glad your daughter is doing better. Congrats on your dog's BOS award. Very pretty dog.

Krista = Lovely quilts. I like what you did with the BHMQ projects. And you NYD 2016. My BHMQ top is put together, but I decided I don't like the bright yellow, so I'm going to redo the blocks and see if I like that better. That will be a next month project. Still a WIP for me.

Another question. I started a fall W/H last year, but did not like a block. I finally figured out how to finish the block this last week. When it is done, is it a WIP or UFO? I did put it down for a year while I tried to figure out how to finish the project to what I envisioned. I'll go with the group's choice.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Sew glad to see sew many finishes...WTG folks!

I have a small finish. A couple of years ago I sewed a disappearing pinwheel block from browns and creams...put it on point and added a border from Holly Taylor fall oak leaf print. It's been on my design wall ever since. I made a quick overnight trip to my cousin's...before I left I decided to finish it off as a hostess gift. Yeah I have a UFO done for Sept...sorry no picture...I now have a new camera and cane get back to sharing photos!
Old 09-10-2017, 11:12 AM

Tropit, welcome. No, you do need to complete your UFOs by any certain date. It's more about simply working on them and finally getting them done. Some of us only have one finish this year, some have several and then there are a handful of very conscientious quilters who've finished a lot more. I just keep track of who and how many and post each month's tally. ANY UFO finish is a win! Be sure to read post #1 for a Little more info and jump in. Sometimes the easiest thing to do is start with the project that needs the least work to give yourself a swift finish. Enjoy!
Originally Posted by tropit View Post
OH...September 30th! Well, I can maybe do one, or two of these. Such is the life of a procrastinator.

~ C
Old 09-10-2017, 11:15 AM

Happylab, you have to know I'll say it's a UFO. . You started it and quit. That screams UFO go me. Lol.
Originally Posted by happylab View Post
QM I'm glad your daughter is doing better. Congrats on your dog's BOS award. Very pretty dog.

Krista = Lovely quilts. I like what you did with the BHMQ projects. And you NYD 2016. My BHMQ top is put together, but I decided I don't like the bright yellow, so I'm going to redo the blocks and see if I like that better. That will be a next month project. Still a WIP for me.

Another question. I started a fall W/H last year, but did not like a block. I finally figured out how to finish the block this last week. When it is done, is it a WIP or UFO? I did put it down for a year while I tried to figure out how to finish the project to what I envisioned. I'll go with the group's choice.