Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-13-2017, 10:36 AM

Boy, Martina, that quite a goal!! Even would be for me, and I have 6 or 7 that only need bindings!! LOL! Love seeing and hearing about everyone"s progress. The ice in the Midwest should allow for a lot of sewing this week-end as long as the power holds out.

Linda in Missouri
Old 01-13-2017, 10:54 AM

Anyone make this pattern before? it is by Allison Quilt Design. I have been trying to finish for two years now. Any suggestions for ease in finishing? This is just a photo, I have not finished mine yet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3223855...&ul_noapp=true

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-28-2017 at 04:25 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic
Old 01-13-2017, 11:16 AM

Belfrybat - Nice job. I am impressed. I'm partial to the blues one at this time.

MadQuilter - that is quite a goal. May that encourage me.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Fortunately, most of my projects are in FLIMSY stage
Old 01-13-2017, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

Got the setting squares cut and started sewing the squares into strips...not caring what 9P is going where but paying attention where the all light 9P's are placed...then decided the Christmas tree needs to come down.

Lofty goals Leta and Martina...striking quilt QMomma...a design wall would be helpful...how about labeling blocks with their positions..
Old 01-13-2017, 03:53 PM

BB, both will be wonderful when finished. Thanks for sharing your progress pix.
Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I've been working away assembling swap blocks I received about three years ago into a quilt. Have it at the flimsy stage. I guess it doesn't officially count until it's actually quilted and bound, but at least it is a lot closer to being done than blocks sitting in a plastic bag. This will be a charity quilt. I have another almost finished -- just have to bind it. Also am working on three WIPs, one of which is En Provence mystery. Phew!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565545[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
This is my next project -- BH's Easy Street from 4 or 5 years ago. I ended up hating it so only put about a third of it together then put it away, but since my goal is to finish all unfinished tops this year, I pulled it back out. I'll put 3 borders around it to make it a 65 - 70" square charity quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565557[/ATTACH]
Old 01-14-2017, 06:15 PM

I spent most of today cleaning house, as we anticipate some special guests tomorrow. While cleaning, I was stitching out the last of the embroidered animals I need to go to the "join the blocks" stage of a UFO. So, late this afternoon, after that was finished, I started looking for the instructions for the setting blocks.

And was reminded once again just exactly WHY I joined the Fabric Moratorium!

However, once I found the instructions, I will be able to start adding "more fabric used from the stash" countdown. It will be a twin size, and the setting blocks will use an additional 6 yds of primary colors as well as about another 5 yds for the backing. Plus this will get another UFO into the "completed" pile.

Customer quilt #2 did not get any attention today... but that's ok, since I haven't heard from the owner today either.

The last fabrics for the commission quilt came in the mail today as well, so I'll be planning that one out over the next several days.

I REALLY DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANY MORE FABRIC!!!!!!!
There! I feel better now.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:33 AM

Leta, I really feel that when we have to clean and put things away for arrival of guest is what set off the fabric addiction and the UFO problems. Well, as a rule that's what gets me in trouble. When I am able to return to the project I've totally change my mind in what direction I want to complete it. Good thing you got other projects going that help keeps you diversified. I praise you on your progress. Enjoy your guest.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:01 AM

I have never signed up to complete UFOs because I don't think I can ever catch up! I write a newsletter for my quilt guild and am constantly getting inspired to try something to write about it. But I have to do something now, so I'm going to sign up for this, put a post-it note on my monitor to remind me and try to report back. Thanks for running this!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:21 AM

Libster, that is beautiful! And I love that you got taken to lunch. Time is the most precious gift we can give or receive.