Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-15-2017, 08:45 AM

Howdy! Checking in! We had the crazy storm in California this week, knocked out power, closed the road into town because of landslides. Now the guys in my family are out skiing today, so I'm working on the UFO'S!

Here's the Status: Since January first I've actually finished binding 4 quilts! I need to take picture and then I'll show you all! I've quilted 12 quilts (ready to bind) and I have 6 more flimsy's to quilt! Yippy! Today I'm hoping o get one flimsy quilted and machine sew half the binding on 2 quilts (and add them to the 'finish up with hand-stitching' pile). I can tell my shelf is getting cleaning! YEAH!
Old 01-15-2017, 09:43 AM

Kristi: wow! You have really been busy this month. It boggles my brain. Don't we have the same 24 hours in a day? Do you sleep? I am so impressed.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:33 AM

So Kristi, these are the things you get done when the mud slid changes your direction. Sorry for your weather conditions but proud that you showed us all that you don't have to let that stop us. Looking forward to see pix. Happy Sewing
Old 01-15-2017, 12:31 PM

I found several small projects I started a few years back. I will try to start out small and work larger. These projects s/h not take too long. I'll post when I'm done.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

I finished all the blocks for a DP9 and am ready to square them up. Progress may be slow but any progress at this point is good.
Last night I planned out the next 3 UFOs - breaking them into the exact steps that need to be taken for completion. I...can...do...this....!
Old 01-15-2017, 01:10 PM

We all can do this! One step at a time. (I'm working on mine today.)
Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I finished all the blocks for a DP9 and am ready to square them up. Progress may be slow but any progress at this point is good.
Last night I planned out the next 3 UFOs - breaking them into the exact steps that need to be taken for completion. I...can...do...this....!
Old 01-15-2017, 01:20 PM

Kristijoy, are the ones you've bound UFOs? Not some you recently started? Gee, I hope they're UFOs so we can keep the finishes coming for the month. We're starting slowly this year.

So everyone, please do me a favor when you post finishes, please make it clear that they are UFO FINISHES and attach pix whenever possible. We also like to hear a little about your finishes as well. When did you start? What was your inspiration? Did you make the item for yourself? Is it for donation or charity? How did you quilt it? You know, a little background for color. Thanks!
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Howdy! Checking in! We had the crazy storm in California this week, knocked out power, closed the road into town because of landslides. Now the guys in my family are out skiing today, so I'm working on the UFO'S!

Here's the Status: Since January first I've actually finished binding 4 quilts! I need to take picture and then I'll show you all! I've quilted 12 quilts (ready to bind) and I have 6 more flimsy's to quilt! Yippy! Today I'm hoping o get one flimsy quilted and machine sew half the binding on 2 quilts (and add them to the 'finish up with hand-stitching' pile). I can tell my shelf is getting cleaning! YEAH!
Old 01-15-2017, 01:54 PM

Not an official finish as it's not quilted and bound, but I wanted to share a pic of the Bonnie Hunter Easy Street I finally finished putting borders on. It will be a charity quilt and is 60" square. At first I wasn't sure about the pieced border but I had so many patches left over I hated not to use them. I've decided I like it.

I'll repost pics of the flimsies I'm showing you when the are completely finished and will shout "UFO finished" from the housetops. I live in a small apartment and when I pull the mid-arm machine and frame away from the wall, it takes up too much space. So every so often I go on a marathon quilting frenzie for a couple of weeks and get several done. It's been a year since my last quilting spree, so I feel one coming on in the next couple of weeks....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565772[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bh-easy-street.jpg  
Old 01-15-2017, 03:21 PM

Belfry Bat- very pretty, I'm looking forward to seeing the finish.

Kristijoy- that's an impressive amount of work!

I've just finished sandwiching a baby quilt, not a UFO, but once it's finished I can get back to my stack of UFOs, probably Tues. or Wed. The next UFO in the hopper is one that needs some handwork done which I have been putting off for years LOL! It's another art quilt, but I need to do some dimensional things with black velvet and then insert them via reverse appliqué before I can sandwich it and quilt it. I might manage to get it finished this month in between the collaborations I've got going with 2 other artists.....

Rob
Old 01-15-2017, 06:10 PM

I took a class from Doug Leko (Antler's Design) two and a half years ago when he visited Maine and I finally finished my Tailored Stars quilt. My first UFO for 2017...it will be mailed to my brother in California. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565799[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565800[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0002.jpg   dsc_0005.jpg