Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-04-2017, 05:06 PM

I just found a free planner for our UFO's: http://www.aqsblog.com/creative-organizer-ufo-pages
Old 01-04-2017, 06:36 PM

I've joined the fabric moratorium. Actually started about 3 years ago. No wonder I haven't done any quilting. I have also declared a moratorium on beginning any more quilts until I have all of these (about 20) UFOs done. Wish me luck! It's hard to believe I used to do only one at a time and when finished move on to another; I didn't even know the meaning of UFO. LOL
Old 01-04-2017, 09:08 PM

I haven't been on the board for awhile, thought I would pop in and say hi! I'm busy working on UFO's! I have 6 quilts ready to be bound, 4 quilts ready to be quilted, 5 more that need backings made, and another 4 cut out. I'm anxious to do some more cutting! (My favorite thing!) But I'm working on quilting a few up first! Here's my new roll of batting to inspire me!

[[ATTACH=CONFIG]564972[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 6tag_030117-184008.jpg  
Old 01-05-2017, 02:18 AM
Power Poster

I am definitely going to be on this train this year! I have some that are way too old I need to make some decisions, get organized and declutter! A great way to do that is to have the supportive encouragement of this group?
Old 01-05-2017, 06:06 AM

Oksewglad, congratulations on your UFO finish and our first finish of the new year. Toot, Toot![ It's so pretty.

QUOTE=oksewglad;7733188]Okay...this is a small one, but if you've ever done little ones you know how much time they can take. These 5 4P's have been waiting for about 5 years to have a home in a quilt. I finished this last night...it does need a little pressing around the binding.[ATTACH=CONFIG]564945[/ATTACH]...and yes I will take my tree down later in the week...[/QUOTE]
Old 01-05-2017, 06:21 AM

Welcome to all the new train riders and to last year's passengers who are going for another trip! How lovely to see new names and the veterans as well. What was that little ditty from when I was a child...you know, eons ago...sitting around a campfire at the Girl Scout camping trips? I think it was "make new friends but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold". Welcome to our Silver and Gold riders

Today is the 5th day of the year and we've got a weekend coming up. Does anyone have any plans to work on their UFOs this weekend? I do. I've got 30 9 1/2 inch scrappy blocks I'm going to set off kilter with black and then I HOPE to QAYG. Those blocks date back a couple of years but I've had to make a few more to get enough for a small quilt. It's the QAYG that will be the challenge as I've never tried it. Sewbizgirl made a tut on how she does it. Her directions were so clear I should be able to pull it off. But first, all the blocks must be set in the black. I work fairly slowly so it will take me a couple of weeks just to get the black added with all the other things going on around here. BUT, I've begun!

How about you?
Old 01-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Swap Hosts

Default First Finish of 2017

Finished January 4th! This is a "getting comfy on the couch" quilt for my newly retired hubby.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564990[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564991[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mosaic-done-4.jpg   mosaic-done-2.jpg   mosaic-done-1.jpg  
Old 01-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Way to go Krystyna..
Old 01-05-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Welcome to all the new train riders and to last year's passengers who are going for another trip! How lovely to see new names and the veterans as well. What was that little ditty from when I was a child...you know, eons ago...sitting around a campfire at the Girl Scout camping trips? I think it was "make new friends but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold". Welcome to our Silver and Gold riders

Today is the 5th day of the year and we've got a weekend coming up. Does anyone have any plans to work on their UFOs this weekend? I do. I've got 30 9 1/2 inch scrappy blocks I'm going to set off kilter with black and then I HOPE to QAYG. Those blocks date back a couple of years but I've had to make a few more to get enough for a small quilt. It's the QAYG that will be the challenge as I've never tried it. Sewbizgirl made a tut on how she does it. Her directions were so clear I should be able to pull it off. But first, all the blocks must be set in the black. I work fairly slowly so it will take me a couple of weeks just to get the black added with all the other things going on around here. BUT, I've begun!

How about you?
We have a couple of inches of snow forecast for us... which, here in the South, is something of a big deal, as we don't really have the street equipment to deal with it. So, I'll be staying inside as much as possible. I have three customer quilts that I neglected over the holidays (was working on the MQ), so that will be my primary focus.

However, I have decided that on the couple of yard-sale flimsies I have, instead of quilting them, I'm going to cut them up into patchwork teddy bears. That will allow me to quickly get two flimsies, and a bag of stuffing out of the way, and probably produce at least 4 UFO finishes. I may just work on those tonight and tomorrow when I get home from work. That will give me a very quick "jump-start" to my 2017 UFO/Moratorium plan this year!

So, while I wait/watch for snow, I will be being productive - consuming my stash, finishing UFO's, finishing customer quilts (and making $$ doing that!!). Sounds like a plan to me - what do y'all think?
Old 01-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Swap Hosts

OKSewGlad, you are the FIRST finish! You go, girl!

Happy to be on your heels
!