Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-02-2017, 06:52 PM

Welcome to all of the newcomers. This is an awesome thread and you will enjoy looking at everyone's finishes.

I have 2 UFO's left (unless I find more hidden in a box/bin.). Lol!

I have one UFO at the flimsy stage and I really want to finish this one rather than donate it for someone else to finish.
I have only done very basic quilting like cross hatching but I want this one to be a little more detailed around the blocks.

Connie
Old 01-02-2017, 07:37 PM

Please add me in this 2017 Challenge ... I have my list of 12 UFO's. One from 2004 oops. For January I have chosen a small 4 patch lap quilt..I have the flimsy and pieced backing ready to sandwich. Hope to post finished project before end of month

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 01-03-2017, 06:03 AM

New traveler here! I currently have two quilts sandwiched and waiting to be quilted and 9 smaller projects cut and waiting patiently in baggies. I am going to commit to finishing the two quilts and at least 6 of the baggie projects. I just need some encouragement to get going and hopefully that will happen with this group! Hold me accountable, people!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:46 AM

Count me in. I have baggies and boxes and baskets of unfinished objects. I also buy kits like crazy, so I think of those as UFO's too. They have the pattern and fabrics all coordinated. They beg me to start on them! The journey starts with one step, right! This is the first step!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:19 AM

I'm in. I have at least four tops I'd like to finish this year and a log cabin in progress. I'm hoping this and the Moratorium will help me actually finish quilts and not just buy stuff for new projects.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:34 AM

Took this challenge privately two years ago when I knocked down the wall between two bedrooms to enlarge my sewing space. I was using a wheel chair and needed turning and moving room. Organized UFO's in clear boxes and filled a wooden wardrobe with them. Only a few did not fit. Here I am two years later, no longer in a wheel chair, but still no room to move around. Went to a workshop at Houston and took Lois Hallock's organizing class. Have completely redone my room, however, UFO pile has grown. On the positive, I did give away some and some reverted to stash as I had lost interest. However, I still cannot fit them all in the wardrobe. Made a stack that I want completed by summer. That is my starting point. I am in for the challenge.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:15 AM

I'm a bit slammed right now but I will be back with this group in a day or two. Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far for this year's UFO Challenge of the Month. We've got a big job ahead of us to meet or break last year's record, if that's what we'd like to do. I just posted the tally for 2016. Go and see for yourself. AMAZING!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...h-t273926.html

But honestly, it isn't about breaking last year's tally, it's about each of us getting some of those UFOs out of the shadows and turning them into real quilts...or table runners...or pillows...or wall hangings...or whatever. Pick something simple and just get started!
Old 01-03-2017, 11:27 AM

Wow!! Great job to those who participated last year! I have to finish a quilt for my nephew first. It isn't a UFO - I started it before Thanksgiving and have been working on it since. He is due to arrive this month, so that is the priority. Then to my stash of UFOs.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:24 PM

I am in again this year. My primary goal is to complete 6 UFOs this year. My secondary goal is to not to start any new charity quilts without first finishing the charity UFOs that are sitting in the basket.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:38 PM

I really couldn't join last year as I've been taking accelerated classes to finish my Bachelor's degree, but I'm down to 2 classes and I'm hoping to finish some of my UFO's. Since I know me... I'm going to start with a smaller goal of 4, which is 4 more than I did last year! The QB and this thread are really inspirational and I'm sure it will keep me motivated!