Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-05-2017, 02:28 PM

Oksewglad- it took me a minute to realize how tiny those 4 patches are! What a cool finish. Love the idea of photoing it on your Xmas tree--- our tree is still up too, and probably will be for a while since I'd rather be quilting than putting it away LOL

Krystyna- that's a neat grouping of fabrics, good job.

Leta- sounds like an introvert's dream come true- too much snow and/or ice to go out means more time to quilt

I'll be finishing up an art quilt that's not a UFO, possibly cutting out a baby quilt that needs to be done before the shower next month, and working on one of the 2 UFOs that are the next in line.

Rob
Old 01-05-2017, 02:28 PM

Might I jump on board? I keep most of my fabric at a storage unit and the other day brought a box home marked "small pieces". Well, they were small pieces OK -- 11 bags of quilt blocks in various stages of assembly. Some from swaps, some I'd started and never finished, and some from I have no idea where! Then there's the 12 - 15 quilt tops that are either finished or just need borders and then quilted, and the two quilts that I goofed on and need to frog before I can finish them. So... my 2017 goal is to finish at least two UFOs a month, hopefully more. That is is addition to several WIPs of En Provence, scrap blocks I'm still sewing, and 6 spicy spiral table runners that are cut out but not sewn. <sigh> I tend to always bite off more than I can chew.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Oksewglad- it took me a minute to realize how tiny those 4 patches are! What a cool finish. Love the idea of photoing it on your Xmas tree--- our tree is still up too, and probably will be for a while since I'd rather be quilting than putting it
Rob
Thanks...FYI, the 4P's finish at 1/2"...sometimes it's so easy to lose a block! I put the tree up late so I enjoy it longer..
Old 01-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Oksewglad. They finish at 1/2"? How on earth do you sew that ? I'm in awe.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:38 AM

We already have finishes? Great going. I went through two tubs and a box of UFOs last night and found I have 28 poor babies languishing for lack of a finish. And that doesn't include the 8 works in progress. And tomorrow Judy starts the Mystery Train 16 which I've already purchased a ticket for. Plus I'm involved with a block swap on another board. Yikes!

I arranged the blocks from two swaps and today will choose sashing, cornerstone and border fabrics for them. I'm planning on whipping them out this weekend. I am so glad to be back quilting again. I've missed it.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:24 AM

Lovely finishes oksewglad and Krystyna. Wow!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:29 AM

OK--So I have completed my counts for 2017 and here they are:

I am inventorying my projects as I do every New Years. It is rather embarrassing but this is a general review:
-- 12 "Block Exchange" groupings
-- 14 halfway completed projects
-- 20 completed quilt tops needing to be sandwiched, quilted, and bind
--the most awful shower curtain my daughter talked me into converting it to a comforter; UGHHHHHH!!!

I can add that I wish the last item, awful shower curtain would go away but....

Thanks again for hosting.
Karen
Old 01-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Krystyna, congratulations on your UFO finish. The colors are subtle so even though the prints might be considered a bit busy, I find it soothing. Beautiful. TOOT, TOOT! I'll bet DH loves it.
Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Finished January 4th! This is a "getting comfy on the couch" quilt for my newly retired hubby.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564990[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564991[/ATTACH]
Old 01-06-2017, 08:18 AM

Please do join us. You need us and we need you! You sound like you have several fairly close to completion, maybe bindings only? Grab the one that's closet to being finished so you can mark a quick "win"! Then be sure to post some pix so that we may ooh and ahh over your success. Welcome!
Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Might I jump on board? I keep most of my fabric at a storage unit and the other day brought a box home marked "small pieces". Well, they were small pieces OK -- 11 bags of quilt blocks in various stages of assembly. Some from swaps, some I'd started and never finished, and some from I have no idea where! Then there's the 12 - 15 quilt tops that are either finished or just need borders and then quilted, and the two quilts that I goofed on and need to frog before I can finish them. So... my 2017 goal is to finish at least two UFOs a month, hopefully more. That is is addition to several WIPs of En Provence, scrap blocks I'm still sewing, and 6 spicy spiral table runners that are cut out but not sewn. <sigh> I tend to always bite off more than I can chew.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:08 PM

So wonderful to see Krystyna and Belfrybat aboard. Long time no see each other you two.
I have to finish up this wedding quilt this weekend. Been trying to work on my Frosty Wonderland UFO that was a BOM. I did good then "squirrel". I haven't been feeding the squirrels, so they won't come bothering me for a little bit, rabbit!