Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-22-2017, 05:09 PM

Petthefabric: Great job! I know it takes time and patience to combine the blocks.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that celebrates.

Connie
Old 11-23-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I am planning some sewing time for this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving, my quilty friends.
Ditto, So do I plan to do some sewing and quilting this weekend. Mainly I need to finish binding 2 quilts, and work on other UFO's. And get my fabric ready for Bonnie Hunter's mystery, which starts tomorrow.

I think we should have a mini VQW from this site this weekend. We have 4 days. On Monday post pics of things we completed or worked on. What does everyone think?

Happy Thanksgiving every one! Hope it was fun, filling, full of friends and save. Sending quilting hugs. If you don't celebrate, hope it was a nice safe day anyway. It is sunny and suppose to get up to mid 50's today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hubby and I went out to eat already and we are stuff. Hilton puts on a grand brunch buffet. Can't bet the price.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:37 AM

Default 2 more UFOs done!

Over the weekend I decided to just make the fabric wrapped clothesline trivets that I have been intending to make for over a year. I bought all the clothesline last year (or maybe the one before that) and pulled my long thin scraps out of the scrap bin and stuck them in a shoebox. Then put the whole shebang on the table with the vintage Kenmore and....you guessed it. There they sat waiting for me to just do the things. They ended up being a lot of fun to make, so I don't know why I waited for so long. I still have enough clothesline for 4 more, so I'm thinking they'll make some nice Christmas presents for the folks who are hard to buy for! And that will also finish up 4 UFOs in December!

I also put the felting attachment on the PQ1500s and got busy felting up some of the 14 year old bags of wool tops that I had been intending to use on a couple of UFOs. I spun all the yarn I wanted from them 14 years ago and they have been taking up space ever since. If I manage to get any finished pieces out of them I'll add them to the UFO total, for now, they're still unfinished...

So here's the two that count as November finishes.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_1592.jpg  
Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 AM

Petthefabric- those are cool. I like the way you fussy cut the horse fabric (I one had that same fabric). And I love love love the way you did the Koi squares in the Oriental piece!

Rob
Old 11-28-2017, 08:25 AM

Wow, love the horse finish.
Those clothes line trivets are cool! Come make mine. Lol
I have been working on five ufos that are three years old since i cant do much else. Surgery went well, took three days to get pain under control, cut cast off. Hubby has been so sweet.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Wow, love the horse finish.
Those clothes line trivets are cool! Come make mine. Lol
I have been working on five ufos that are three years old since i cant do much else. Surgery went well, took three days to get pain under control, cut cast off. Hubby has been so sweet.

Oh ouch! glad to hear the surgery went well!

Rob
Old 11-28-2017, 12:39 PM

Petthefabric = Beautiful finishes. Congrates. I know a niece who would love to have the horse quilt.

Rob, nice finish on the clothes line project. I have a few I want to make. I did the same as you did. put the items in a shoe box and for me there it sits. It can be a January finish.

I did get 3 UFO's completed so far. I have binding on 2 large quilts sewn on by machine. I also complete 1 small 3.5" name tag. Pics will be come soon. I need to take a pic of second quilt, then will post pic with my I-pad. I'll try to get another small project done if I can find it. I'm still rearranging my room and you know how that goes, (I can't find a thing). Anyway I like what everyone has completed.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:28 PM

Rob, nice trivets! You may have inspired me to dig out similar supplies I had gathered at one time. I made a couple of shallow baskets when I first saw the how-to's a number of years ago, and that was fun, so of course I bought more clothesline, but then the next "sparkly" went by, as usual.

Can't do it yet because I'm working on a Christmas tree skirt and that's on deadline.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:42 PM

Petthefabric, you really made creative and interesting work of those fabrics in your tops. They look as if a lot of thought and time went into them. I'm astounded at the number 30!

Also, I'd love to see the complete list of the wise words on whatever that is on the left side of the upper top.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
Petthefabric,

Also, I'd love to see the complete list of the wise words on whatever that is on the left side of the upper top.
I thought those were the "4 Promises". I mis quoted, but like them just the same. When I have a fellow quilted over, we laugh at how our conversations include this 4 thoughts.