Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-08-2017, 06:20 AM

Default We can add two more to Jan's total.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
In our first month of 2017, we averaged just under one per day. Oksewglad, Krystyna, Rryder, Libster, JMoore, PatriceJ, MtnMomma1955, Fraew, Kristijoy, All2Pieces, CarolynPaj, Sophie2, JuanitaBean, HappyNana, Glojean, Mariposa, Jeanine, Janice McC, and MiniBarn all contributed at least one finish for a combined total of....28 UFO finishes this month! TOOT, TOOT to everyone who had a UFO completion and to those of us who are working away for a finish in the near future. Thanks very much! Nice way to start the year! This train ride is starting of very well!
If I can ever get my pics to load, I can officially cross of 1 from the middle of last year and 1 from four years ago.

On a side note, All of my UFOs are in only one tote this year. I have 2 pinned and hopefully, I can get them done this month. Keep your fingers crossed!

And everyone, keep up the good work!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:13 PM

Hi everyone!
Sorry for being so absent lately!
I've had several customer quilts to get done - the last one (the Baltimore Santa custom quilting job) is on the frame - all the others have been delivered!!

Friday and Saturday, Foust Textiles is having their "open-to-the-public" sale. My best customer and I are going to the sale together Saturday morning. She's just hoping to find some good buys (she will, I know!) while I'm hoping to manage to stick with buying a roll of batting... and MAYBE a bolt of extra-wide fabric. I've joined the fabric moratorium this year, and so far, I've been a very good girl - no new fabric purchases at all, except for the commissioned quilt. I even used fabric that I already had on hand for the backing on one of the other customer quilts.

I just went back through the posts, and even though we're off to a somewhat slow start this year, I'm loving all the beautiful finishes!!! I'm hoping to do several patchwork pets (teddy bear, dog, and floppy-eared rabbit) to use up two yardsale tops.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

One stitch at a time...need to sandwich the Charming 9, but will set it aside for now...I know I know I should just get it done...instead I have pulled out some RWB 1 1/2" scrap strips I've been collecting for a couple of years. I plan on making this quilt except make 63 blocks so it will better fit QOV criteria, then donate it to our local QOV.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/01/...tml#more-11075

Meanwhile I've figured out the layout of another QOV top...off I go to cut setting sashes and border.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:37 PM

Red face "In My Garden"

This is a little embroidery project I started last year and finished the embroidery, borders and quilting in January. This is my third UFO this year. I also joined the American Patchwork & Quilting's UFO Challenge where they choose a number each month and that's the UFO you work on. January was #6, thus my finish of "In My Garden." Our local quilters guild also has a bucket list for 2017 - have finished three of the eleven we were allowed to list. Love these challenges - they really get me inspired!
Attached Thumbnails img_8415.jpg  
Old 02-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Power Poster

Sweet Debbie Mumm piece
Old 02-09-2017, 02:23 AM

Glowjean great finish.

I only have two UFOs or I should say I only had two UFOs I have a finish.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567818

I won't be working on my other UFO until May as I have two quilts to make plus a baby quilt between now and the end of April, but I will be checking in to see all the other wonderful finishes.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-09-2017, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Looks great, cannyquilter..
Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 AM

Congratulations, Glojean48! Love this darling Embroidery/quilt finish! Toot, Toot for you!
Originally Posted by Glojean48 View Post
This is a little embroidery project I started last year and finished the embroidery, borders and quilting in January. This is my third UFO this year. I also joined the American Patchwork & Quilting's UFO Challenge where they choose a number each month and that's the UFO you work on. January was #6, thus my finish of "In My Garden." Our local quilters guild also has a bucket list for 2017 - have finished three of the eleven we were allowed to list. Love these challenges - they really get me inspired!
Old 02-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Congratulations on your Chevron quilt finish! Love the grey and white...or is it cream? Very pretty. Toot, Toot![QUOTE=cannyquilter;7760319]Glowjean great finish.

I only have two UFOs or I should say I only had two UFOs I have a finish.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567818

I won't be working on my other UFO until May as I have two quilts to make plus a baby quilt between now and the end of April, but I will be checking in to see all the other wonderful finishes.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Glojean48 (2/8/17,pg.41,#404) "In My Garden" is gorgeous, simply said.

Cannyquilter (2/9/17,pg.41,#406) your chevron is pretty and complete.

As I always say, if I don't look at the thread for a couple of days things happen around here but, it's always pretty. Happy sewing quilters.