2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-28-2018, 06:09 PM

Have a great trip, Martina... You must take advantage of the lusciousness of Maui fabrics. Your birthday gift request could be prepaid Visa cards for trip souvenirs (Not) and LQS goodies (Duh!) ....
Old 03-29-2018, 08:12 PM

Well, do you remember me saying early in the year that I Would be only buying the fabric for my Baltimore Album quilt project and that, so far, I had only found and bought 1 of 5 fabrics? I have been searching and found the "red" fabric at MSQC but it was no longer available. I put it on my wish list anyway. They sent me an email yesterday that it was in stock again but still said "unavailable" on website when I went to purchase. So, I fired off an email and they replied that it was an error and that is was still not available. I got so excited...then bummed! Anywhooo..they felt bad for causing my excitement and immediate deflation and gave me $5.00 quilter's cash...which was way cool of them...but I'd rather have the fabric available. Dang! It's not like I can start this now anyway but still...sad...
Old 04-02-2018, 04:06 AM

Can I join? I haven't bought anything since early 2017, and hope to continue the streak for as long as possible. I built up a good-sized stash a few year back and have been working my way though it. I might need to get some backing once I finish a few things, though!
Old 04-02-2018, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by squinting View Post
Can I join? I haven't bought anything since early 2017, and hope to continue the streak for as long as possible. I built up a good-sized stash a few year back and have been working my way though it. I might need to get some backing once I finish a few things, though!

Hop aboard and welcome!

Rob
Old 04-02-2018, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by squinting View Post
I joined late, so come aboard & join us!
Yesterday I started cutting & piecing blocks for a Garden Lattice quilt. I first saw the quilt on this board & it piqued my interest. I had some FQ bundles with a few pieces that I couldn’t imagine being useful. Then someone posted a statement that even ugly fabrics can be useful if cut small enough. I took that to heart & found that 1 FQ will make 20 4.5” squares & the “in your face” look of that fabric has been muted. I’m using the squares as my centers & some other pieces as the color borders. Eight blocks are fully cut out & 6 of those are pieced & pressed. Every bit of this quilt, except perhaps the back, will be from stash. I also made 2 mug rugs from stash this weekend. This sewing frenzy helped dull the pain of my lovely Harley going into the shop for repairs. I can’t ride in our gorgeous spring weather, so I’m sewing.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:46 AM

Teen, I'm sorry to hear you did get your red fabric yet. Hopefully MSQC will have the material in soon.

Rob, Congrats on your new quilting machine, I'm glad you are having so much fun completing your projects. As they say, Quilt on!

Welcome aboard Squinting!

Conchalea, Congrates on your WIP using up 2.5" squares from you stash. We like pics of WIP and finished projects.

Today I may buy backing fabric. I found a piece from MSQC yesterday. If the sale is still on I will buy the backing to go with a blue and white winter quilt. That should not count against me. But the 5 yards of mystery throw quilt I bought last week should. Ops. I so love mysteries quilting. Happy quilting everyone.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:54 PM

My first quarter of the year tally is minus 34 yards! Wahoo!

I did buy 11 yards for sashing and backing for my BOM at my LQS. A little over a yard of the fabric was for 2 infinity scarves. I will 'add' the leftover fabric once I have completed the 2 projects. Hopefully, it won't be much.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Wahoo! is right retired t....way to go...feels good doesn't it?
Old 04-02-2018, 05:45 PM

Squinting.....welcome. You are doing well already since you haven't purchased since early 2017. Awesome job!

Conchalea....great use of stash....want to see what you are doing in terms of the lattice pattern. I like those types of patterns. Sorry about the Harley. I'll try not to be too meanie towards you by letting you know I was out and about on my Harley yesterday for Easter. Drove it to sunrise service and woke the church neighborhood...lol!! Rise and shine! Lots of good weather ahead so sit tight. Harley's are either driven, detailed, or in the shop.

Retired!!!! Wow...that a lot of yardage, girl! Good going..
Old 04-02-2018, 05:47 PM

I have $15 of quilter's cash at MSQC on account. I wish they would stop enticing me by reminding me of this weekly via emails. Jus saying..