2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JJBlaine View Post
...As for what I used, for this twin sized quilt top, I bought six small cuts of patriotic fabrics, the rest were all stash fabrics:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592113[/ATTACH]
I love this quilt!
Old 04-04-2018, 04:19 PM

QuiltnNan, The HSTs add so much dimension. I'm pleased you posted that information.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Everyone's doing so well! I discovered that if you actually are sewing and using your stash you don't have time to shop! I worked on a bunch of stuff to take to my retreat last month:
Retreat items

The retreat is in 2 weeks and the friend who talked me in to it works in a group that does charity quilting. I'm planning on bringing at least 25 yards to donate. Probably won't even make a dent.
On the downside, I got 2 gift cards to fabric shops for my birthday. I'll have to hang on to them until I really need something.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:56 AM

Conchalea, is that a Heritage Softail? I used to have one of those until my garage burned down a month ago. I just got an Electric Glide. With snow still on the ground, I won't be riding any time soon, but yours makes me want to get out there. Hope they can fix your baby Until then....quilt, quilt, quilt!

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
Teen, on March 24 I went with my riding group on a long ride in search of TX wildflowers through central Texas. I put 320 miles on my bike & the front fork seals started leaking about 70 miles from home. I got home okay but was afraid to ride it to the shop so I had it towed there. Let's see if my bluebonnet (state flower of Texas) picture will load.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Conchalea, is that a Heritage Softail? I used to have one of those until my garage burned down a month ago. I just got an Electric Glide. With snow still on the ground, I won't be riding any time soon, but yours makes me want to get out there. Hope they can fix your baby Until then....quilt, quilt, quilt!
Yes, she’s an ‘08 & I got her in July ‘09. I’ve put 60K+ miles on her. Good news-the shop called today & she’s ready! I’ll go pick her up tomorrow. A bolt in the front forks had broken causing the fork fluid to spew all over me. Now I can be sure of going on my group’s next big ride, a week long ride called Waltz Across Texas.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:49 PM

Wonderful blocks and quilts everyone. Love looking at what everybody is working on.

Paperprincess those are fabulous - your work is always such a treat to look at.

Realize its been awhile since I posted (meaning no fabric purchases yeah me).

Hope you have a great trip Martina - sounds wonderful as I sit staring at snow on the ground!

I'm busy trying to find backing from me stash for two UFOs. I'm determined to find it from stash even if the quilts need to be double sided to fit together right in my own mind.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:46 PM

Oh no!! I joined the "pledge" when I first joined up with y'all... not to buy any more fabric for the stash and I was faithful until yesterday. But it was an accident... really! I thought I was buying a fitted full sheet for my bed at the local thrift shop. It was labeled as a full sheet by one of their volunteers, but it turned out to be a queen sized one. Nice fabric. I decided to keep it for a future quilt... In the stash it goes. Oh, woe is me. I tried so hard!
Old 04-05-2018, 06:10 PM

SillySusan is silly, indeed!!
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Ripping out the quilting on my fan quilt - I didn't like the batting or my choice of thread. To make the day not a total bust, I cut out a Spicy Spiral table runner requested by my new DIL - every piece from stash. Not a lot of fabric used, but the fact that I had eight coordinates in her color choices either means I'm lucky or have too much fabric. Maybe both?
Old 04-05-2018, 07:29 PM

redstilettos: I'm sorry to hear your garage burned and you lost your motorcycle.