2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-06-2018, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
redstilettos: I'm sorry to hear your garage burned and you lost your motorcycle.
I forgot to put that in my reply about what motorcycle I ride. I would be heartbroken to have my trusty iron steed burn. But an Electra Glide is a wonderful replacement. Great rides are ahead!
Old 04-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Everyone's doing so well! I discovered that if you actually are sewing and using your stash you don't have time to shop! I worked on a bunch of stuff to take to my retreat last month:
Retreat items

The retreat is in 2 weeks and the friend who talked me in to it works in a group that does charity quilting. I'm planning on bringing at least 25 yards to donate. Probably won't even make a dent.
On the downside, I got 2 gift cards to fabric shops for my birthday. I'll have to hang on to them until I really need something.
Your items are great..so how many yards of stash did you use in your wonderful projects! WTG
Old 04-07-2018, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Your items are great..so how many yards of stash did you use in your wonderful projects! WTG
Thanks for your comment! Actually, the fabric came from my home dec stash. It's a wonderful napped micro fiber. I've probably had it for 10 years... just waiting for the perfect project. It's 60 in wide, so I only used a couple yards. Also used some of my zipper stash.I quilted up about 1.5 yards then cut. There were several smaller zipper pouches & boxy pouches I also made, but didn't post as I didn't want to bore everyone! These would also be good for your gifts. I've already gifted some of the ones I made. Google free zipper pouch patterns and there's lots of ideas.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 04-07-2018 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:36 AM

I would not have been bored seeing all your stuff. I was in awe and loved everything you made. The fabric is beautiful in these projects. I'm still thinking about your stuff and go back and look at it. That chair saddle rocks.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Thanks for your comment! Actually, the fabric came from my home dec stash. It's a wonderful napped micro fiber. I've probably had it for 10 years... just waiting for the perfect project. It's 60 in wide, so I only used a couple yards. Also used some of my zipper stash.I quilted up about 1.5 yards then cut. There were several smaller zipper pouches & boxy pouches I also made, but didn't post as I didn't want to bore everyone! These would also be good for your gifts. I've already gifted some of the ones I made. Google free zipper pouch patterns and there's lots of ideas.
Using home dec fabric will make this more durable, too. Just a wonderful idea!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:06 AM

Great looking quilts everyone.

Very nice motorcycles machine. Sounds like many road trips are in the works. Enjoy your rides.

Working on Judy's mystery 18, using all scraps. It will be another day or 2, b/c I need to pick out 2.5" sqs for the boarders and cornerstones. Need to get this done before Saturday, Judy's mystery #19 started this week and I don't want to be too far behind. Then I need to work on 1-2 UFO's this week. I have to find backing and batting for these in boxes. I'm trying to use up my batting scraps. I'm also working on fall star swap out of my stash. (If anyone is interested there is a thread on this board, I think you can still sign up and swap. Happy sewing and quilting everyone.

I went on another day of Shop Hop. I only bought 1 barn BOM kit, less than $5. I also went to a quilt show and didn't buy anything there either. A few days earlier I did buy my backing for my blue and white winter quilt and for this years BHMQ. So when I get those 2 projects completed I can get them quilted right away. Oh well back to work sorting out sqs for my mystery.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Do you know that sinking feeling when you roll your quilt and realize you should've checked your tension after you refilled your bobbins? AHHHHHH...an hour of frog stitching and now for a break time....
Old 04-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Do you know that sinking feeling when you roll your quilt and realize you should've checked your tension after you refilled your bobbins? AHHHHHH...an hour of frog stitching and now for a break time....
Yes, I unfortunately know that feeling well...
Old 04-08-2018, 04:42 PM

Frog stitching? I've seen this term before but what exactly is that? It's probably obvious based on the term but I've heard it in reference to mostly LA. Just curious...
Old 04-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Frog stitching? I've seen this term before but what exactly is that? It's probably obvious based on the term but I've heard it in reference to mostly LA. Just curious...
It means to un stitch. You rip-it, rip-it, rip-it.