2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-27-2018, 03:51 PM

Oh.. Did I say 20? I meant I did push-ups for 20'seconds...so....3 maybe. Lol..
Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 PM

Been feeling a bit overwhelmed with fabric! I love it and yet I have overloaded on it. A closet full & 10 totes. What was I thinking? So this week I made these burp cloths, and paci clips, lot of receiving blankets. Teething bunny ears & unpaper towels. More burp cloths & such today & a baby quilt top is on the design wall. Staying out of Joann's this week.

Last edited by deedum; 08-30-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:32 PM

I know the feeling. I am overwhelmed with the amount of fabric, too. I skipped a quilt show and 2 quilt store sales past 2 weeks so that I wouldn't buy fabric, etc.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:40 AM

Deedum and Bluebell: I know the feeling of overwhelmed by fabric. I have been feeling that way lately because I have had some larger donations of scraps and am behind in sorting them. .

I also get this feeling every year as the school year approaches because I know my time is limited before my subbing schedule gets hectic. I probably have about 6 weeks until that happens so I am sewing lots. .

However, I do enjoy working with children and interacting with the adults so all will be good.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

I continue to do good with my moratorium, but boy- my husband sure knows how to blow it!
We took off for a couple days away after a pretty stressful couple weeks. Visited a quilt shop- we were laughing as we pulled in about how he should stay in the car- he tends to cost me....
he came in....
in his defense he did purchase 12 yards of king size 80/20 batting at a really good price ($112) but they had flannels on sale & he seems to really love flannel. Doesn’t seem to matter that I have 2 large black trash bags full of flannel I haven’t had time to do anything with....
the bill total came to $178 , so I guess the fabric purchase was only $66 but now I have more ( stash fabric) to deal with. It was Birthday gift and I didn’t spend any money, but.... I’m really trying to declutter....
i do love that man, he knows I haven’t visited a quilt shop in months....he’s such an ( enabler)
Old 09-04-2018, 06:32 AM

ckcowl how sweet of him. It is nice they appreciate the time a quilt takes and want to be supportive of our hobbies. My hubby was just as thrilled as I was that our new house has a designated quilt room. In fact when our realtor stopped by he asked how the quilt room was shaping up!

Must admit that everything that goes in there I moved myself. Amazing how much fabric weighs so it wasn't easy but I was determined to do it. From sorting to loading and unloading and of course unpacking I have accomplished doing 99% of it. Figured if I was going to keep it all, I would be the one to move it all.

I am thrilled with the room and after spending the last several days putting things in their new place, I am itching to sew. Holding myself back as I'm half afraid if I start I'll never finish tidying the room up. The most frequent phrase that ran through my mind (besides that's heavy) was "you have a LOT of fabric". Hopefully that will help with my moratorium for awhile.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:38 AM

I had fun last evening shopping....in my stash. I'm doing the Summer at the Cabin sampler and this block calls for 3 greens. Wow I found just what I was looking for. Trouble is, I will use up the nice little Ginko leaf print. Oh the humanity! Will there ever be anymore?

Maybe I can get this block done before I have to go find out if they want to take out my gall bladder. Marcia
Old 09-04-2018, 12:35 PM

Battle Axe, I'm so happy that you found everything you need in your stash. I think when you need more of that new green fabric, you'll be able to find it... in your stash. I am positive that it reproduces in the piles in the closets, shelves and bins!!

Taking out a gall bladder doesn't sound like too much fun!! Here's hoping for the best for you. Tell that mean doctor you can't spare the time.... You have to quilt!!!
Old 09-04-2018, 01:28 PM

retiredteacher09 I get overwhelmed because I have so many hobbies, quilting, machine embroidering, now Brother cut n scan, so many others. I just serged leftover flannels for a scrap baby quilt. FM it now, and I think it is going to be a cutie. Might be serging more quilts in the future to use up some of the fabric...I got a vendor fair to do in November, and Christmas gifts to do. I thought there would be more time to sew now that I am semi retired.. I love it all.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

I have a new little project and using up small pieces...trouble is not using enough of them...have 26 done and want to do about 10 more. And the mess I have as I choose the bits and pieces proves I have a problem