Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 PM

I've been catching up with seeing what you all have been doing. Great and wonderful things I see! So much talent and wonderful skills. Love reading your posts. I've been busy with Mom and getting ready for our large family party for this weekend. So no finishes with UFOs. However, I've made 20 place mats and a large 100" table runner. My tables need an update. I have a lot of UFOs to finish for next year, one of them is to quilt
Allietare. Its been waiting for a long time. I noticed one of you finished the same quilt. Love your colors. Love all what's been happing here. You do give me inspiration.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:03 AM

That looks great- Nice finish, Battleaxe!

Rob
Old 11-30-2018, 01:14 PM

No pics to upload yet, but I have finished my ELf on Shelf quilt that has been sitting for a few years. So glad.

Sorry out of touch. Hard to find time to be on the thread much. Foot is better, finally out of the walking boot. Doc says is on the road to full healing. Now to behave.

I do have two UFOs waiting to be quilted and my runners need backing and quilted. Got some nearly there. Just have to stay focused. Customers need their quilts first this weekend. Oh the world of wonderful quilting.

Love some of those finishes. The hanging quilt blocks ones are so cool.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:30 PM

Not much completed for me, some work on 4 patches but not many. I don't seem to have any time to sew lately, it seems that my time is not mine own. Hoping to get reacquainted with my sewing machines soon.

QuilterMomma, I wish you the best at getting the 53 projects done. I understand on how long it takes to recover from a hurt back. DH has been struggling for a few weeks. Congratulations on the Elf quilt perfict time of year to finish it.

Judith 1005 That is so bright and cheerful and the back is perfect.

Battle Axe Nice quilt inspector on Autumn Sampler, yea another one almost finished. There are a couple of good books in the libraries that show how to determine what size setting triangle you need to cut. I've started to get some basic books for my home library, as I like to design my own quilts.
I hate it when I think I cut the correct size and find it's too small!!

LarasAussies That castle quilt is too cute, I know a little girl that would love it. Love the whale quilt.

Kristakz Love the quilting on the PEI it just brings it together. You have my appluse for the BH quilts way to many pieces for me.

Conchalea Congratulations on the finishes!
Old 12-04-2018, 05:16 AM

I counted the projects started & completed in 2018. Using this thread as an inspiration to complete said projects has absolutely kept me on track! I hadn’t quilted for 3-4 years, except for some quilted bags & stockings for Christmas. But when I found the cut & paired pieces in my mom’s sewing things, the addiction gripped me again! I finished making a quilt from those pieces (all shades of purple). Then I made a Lone Star in wild colors, plus I made one of PaintmeJudy’s mystery quilts. I also made a Lattice Garden quilt, a Boxes of Strings quilt, & can now add the Hanging Garden quilt. So 6 quilts started & finished this year! I made 2 table runners, 2 art wall hangings for friends, & 6 placemats. It’s been a busy, productive year for me! I credit the people on this board & specifically on this thread for keeping me focused on finishing, not just starting, all these projects. So I don’t have anything to add to the UFO totals, but I prevented a slew of them!
Old 12-04-2018, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

What a year of completions! Good for you Conchalea...the satisfaction of finishing a project is the goal, whether it is a WIP or a UFO!
Old 12-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Thanks, OKsewglad! The encourgement you & other members has helped me a lot. I have uncounted knit & crochet UFOs & I know how easy it would be for me to have quilt UFOs. I love to start projects, but finishing is harder for me. I especially put off binding.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:41 PM

Ufo ufo ufoooo!!!!
Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 PM

Impressive stats, Conchalea!! No UFO's for me this year. I finished everything I started, which is why I joined this challenge. I can see how easy it is to not complete something when there are gazillion fun projects waiting in the wings. Plus, for me, it helps that I may self-combust if I don't finish. Lol... I'll have to total mine up, too, but I know I made below average amount of quilts since I 2 projects were big projects and took longer. I only made 4 QOV this year where I typically make more but I chose more challenging patterns. My project list for next year is immense!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:44 AM

Teen, I don’t have a specific list of projects for next year. I do have a list of patterns I want to make, but if I set a specific list, I know I’ll encounter “squirrel!” and an unplanned project will supplant the listed ones. I do have a kit & a purchased pattern I want to start in 2019.