Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-12-2018, 11:12 AM

happylab, thanks for being the host this year. I believe I only finished 1 UFO this year but I loved watching everyone's progress and finishes.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:26 AM

Happylab, thanks for keeping tabs this year. I love the encouragement that everyone gives each other in finishing UFOs so I hope we will keep this thread alive for next year. I like the goal setting and enjoy seeing a running tally of the number of UFOs we've collectively completed, but I also understand that it requires an investment of time on the part of whoever is keeping the tally. Maybe we could have folks send a PM to the tally keeper each time they finish a UFO that way whoever is keeping track doesn't have to search through the thread and ask folks whether each individual picture is a UFO or not.

Rob
Old 12-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Power Poster

Thanks happylab...I like this thread...tally or not...love to see how we finally finish projects and hopes it encourages other to get their's finished as well.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Thanks Happylab for hosting this year and next. I do like to see the totals but I am fine without them also.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Thanks Happylab for hosting this year and next. I do like to see the totals but I am fine without them also.
I would like to join in again. I am determined, a pre - New Year's Resolution, to spend more time in my sewing room and less working on the two classes I teach. That should move out some UFO's. I have been shooting for one a month and got about 5 or 6 done. OK but but does not balance out the new ones I created. Silly me.

I like the totals too. I have several done just need to find a sunny day in Michigan in the Winter so I can take photos! Ha-Ha
Old 12-12-2018, 07:57 PM

I'd join again next year. Love this thread
Old 12-13-2018, 09:19 AM

Good Kansas Mid-Morning 'happylab', you have been the most gracious host to this thread and I have truly enjoyed you. Thank you for your service for this year. I haven't contribute to the UFO files any this year but, I do lurk to this thread, daily. I love the finishes that are posted. That maybe why I don't post and only lurk to the thread, I can't surpass my password issues to post pix. I hope a new conductor will step forward for the new year. The thread is such a joy.

Cherryb

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 12-13-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:13 PM

Battle Axe - your design board looks very familiar, I always have extra blocks and not sure what to do so every now and then I get them out of their box and see if they look good together. (I also have a bin of crumbs that I'm stitching on and eventually they will be big enough to put together as blocks.

JJ - that quilt has aged very nicely it is just awesome, hope everything has been fixed or healed.

Happylab - I echo the others we appreciate you very much, totals are nice but not necessary to my feeling of accomplishment. Our words of encouragement to each other is what is most needed here and most helpful. And since I still have over 7 UFO's still looking at me I will be back.......

Amazing fact tomorrow is Friday, I'm not working and nothing that has to get cleaned or worked on or helped with! I have the day to myself, maybe with luck I can work on one of the UFO's?
Old 12-14-2018, 07:00 AM

I also plan to continue on this thread, so I hope you stay on as engineer, happylab. Totals aren’t that necessary to me. I use this thread to stay on track with my own projects, because I don’t want any quilt UFOs. I have enough knit & crochet ones!
Old 12-19-2018, 04:58 PM

Exciting news! I have sold my house and I am in escrow... So packing up sewing room....which includes Rocky...

His 2018 closing remarks: "You'all rocked this past year. Thanks for picking me as your UFO Mascot this year. Good luck next year"
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg