Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-08-2018, 02:37 PM

Adorable quiltermomma!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 AM

Happylab- double congratulations on those finishes AND using your stash!
Old 03-09-2018, 07:32 AM

I love your charity throw, happylab. Great job using up scraps!
Old 03-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

More finishes...yeah...nice charity throw happylab...No offense ladies, but glad the snow themed projects are done (cute as they are!) I'm ready for the real stuff to go!

I'm in limbo here...don't want to finish anything until they LA arrives...don't want to start something and create a new UFO...oh what can I work on? Maybe go back to the mini I started a couple of days ago...what another new project? Or I could dig out my 365 blocks....who knows, decisions, decisions.....
Old 03-10-2018, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
More finishes...yeah...nice charity throw happylab...No offense ladies, but glad the snow themed projects are done (cute as they are!) I'm ready for the real stuff to go!

I'm in limbo here...don't want to finish anything until they LA arrives...don't want to start something and create a new UFO...oh what can I work on? Maybe go back to the mini I started a couple of days ago...what another new project? Or I could dig out my 365 blocks....who knows, decisions, decisions.....
Congrats on the purchase! If you manage to avoid creating a new UFO, you are much stronger than I. I had 7 UFOs by the time my longarm arrived (after having zero before the purchase). Don't forget you'll need something to practice on (that would excuse at least one or two UFOs, right? )
Old 03-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Oh I have at least 7 full size flimsies waiting to go on the LA when it gets here, so yes Krista I'm ready to practice. A couple of them are BH designs made of random leftovers. Also have some baby quilts that can be practice on. By the end of the year I should have several UFO's completed!
Old 03-10-2018, 12:32 PM

Qm- that's cute! Congrats on finishing!

been reorganizing my studio and found a bunch more UFOs YIKES! Almost afraid to count them LOL! Should be able to get at least one out and worked on this week!

Rob
Old 03-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Oksewglad, Great Mini, I have a few to finish also.. later much later. (Drooling over the thought of a LA, will you share? I have been renting time on one, 20 miles away, when our schedules match, which isn't often. Would love to be able to quilt when ever I wanted.) Go for the 365, I still have to finish mine also.

QuilterMomma, nice way to use up your stash and finish up a swap, it makes me feel like it's warm out with the sunny colors. (Even if the snow pile at the end of the drive way is higher than the mail box) The Kaffe Fasset and your Boom are awesome. Yes finished is better than perfect, I'm trying to let go of everything matching perfectly. Looking forward to pictures of the runners.

Conchalea, Great pillows hope you had a fun crafting day.

Kristakz, Glad you finaly decided on the borders and back for the rainbow quilt, I have been following its progress, very unique binding two tone?

Happylab, That looks like a nice comfy throw for someone, and a cute mug rug (but no more snow please). But you used up some of your stash!
Old 03-10-2018, 02:08 PM

I have been happily stitching away, only a few wrong cuts but didn't really waste any fabric in the process. The flimsy is now finished and waiting on some batting, which I don't have any piece large enough, unless I want to put 3 or 4 pieces together. And the backing which I decided on using Mini Mouse - her favorite, also don't have. So its either get them on Monday when DH is at work or go out tonight and use my coupons, while its on sale.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590544[/ATTACH]

I will bind it with the black with the white dots.
Attached Thumbnails dsci3964c.jpg  
Old 03-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Dedemac...What a fun quilt...I like the black inner border as it separates the letters from the pinwheels...showcasing both of them...

The LA is a preowned...from someone I know who is upgrading....it's a basic machine that fits into my meager budget...can use a pantograph, but for the time being I'm going to get used to the machine with some stippling/all over quilting with those scrappy flimsies I have done.

I managed to start and finish a new mini top over the last few days. Just need to sandwich quilt and bind. But I'm also ready to handstitch the binding a selvage flag mini that's been lingering...off i go to do a little stitching.

Last edited by oksewglad; 03-10-2018 at 03:44 PM.