Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: 2019 UFO Challenge

Really pretty quilts, happylab.... Wonderful job!

quiltmouse...your list gives me hives. Lol! I'm exhausted just reading the list. You go!!! I'm cheering you on!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmouse View Post
    happylab, I love that first quilt in post #670.

Ok here's my UFO report:

24 flimsies pending quilting
    24 various scrappy quilts in process, cutting & piecing (9 currently working on)
    19 various quilts in process, cutting & piecing (5 currently working on) some are WIVSP, the oldest is 47 years old
    92 in planning only/bucket list quilts, about 25-30 of these have fabrics ready to go

So that's 14 actively cutting & piecing quilts, 43 in process, 68 with fabric selected, 159 total quilts
    What system do you use to keep this all organized?

Blog Entries
    petthefabric, hmm. um. They're on an excel list.

But you might mean the fabric/projects? the 19 is different from the 24 in that the 19, all the fabric is selected, I just have to keep moving on it.

For example, I have a 6" square Q size in a square, a true charm quilt 13x18 blocks, 468 different fabrics. Those blocks are all done, and the planning is done, I'm sewing rows together right now, but haven't worked on since last winter. Also a quilt of my own design, crackers, Kaleidioscope, Burgoyne Surrounded, etc.

Some projects are in long term storage. The ones that aren't in storage, all have a close-able bin or box, or an open basket or a flat tray/cookie sheet.

I have an accuquilt die cutter. So, I grab a piece of 2 yd fabric. I rotary cut strips the width I need to go through the dies

Tumbler
    Applecore
    6 1/2" hst (divided square)
    rotary or die cut one or two 3-1/2 strips, then crosscut it to 6-1/2 for Brick Chevron.
    Block size needed for the bullseye quilt
    If it is bright, 2" strips for the log cabin and some bits for Garden Party (nearly demented)
    about 6 1-1/2 stamps for my stamp quilt

So I have that stack of strips. I have a large cookie sheet, with sheets of copy paper, and the different quilts & strip width or pieces needed are written on the copy paper. I put the rotary cut strips between the sheets of paper. Once a section has several strips, I press those & run them through the appropriate die, then into their bin or box. I try to keep the cookie sheet stack under 5" thick or they start sliding.

Sometime, I'm asked how I keep them straight in my head. It isn't a problem for me. I grew up with 3 grandfathers 5 grandmothers 22 aunts & uncles 27 first cousins, not even counting my great aunts/uncles and their grandchildren who are my 2nd cousins. If you think about all the people you know at worship/work/school/relatives, quilts are like that to me, all different personalities. Crazy Uncle, Sweet Aunt, goofy cousin.

Happylab: Congratulations on finishing the UFO's. They are all very nice but the first one caught my eye with the pattern extending into the border.
    Connie

Blog Entries
    Good evening UFO'ers, glad to see everyone progress and 'happylab' your recent finishes are great. As I stated in another thread I just returned to sew or piecing and it's a joy to be back. So I pulled out some 20 year old projects and started to work on them and started to run out of the blue fabric that is involved in the projects. When I go shopping for the blue that particular dye lot is not manufactured anymore. So, then I go online I think that I find something and I pray that it's a close enough dye lot. Now to prepare to pay for shipping.

Happy sewing everyone

Cherryb

Wedding quilt binding done!! Yea! Not sure if I would categorize this as a UFO since I couldn't sew due to the move....but it is done and ready to be wrapped.

Got 2 WIP going...plus a BOM that I finally found in a packed box...so I'll catch up with these projects and "get'r done."
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

One finish for June! The picture is sideways but I want to post and get it out of the way!.Name:  June 2019.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  373.4 KB

Very pretty, WMUTeach!
    Connie

Love patriotic LC...wonderful finish, WMUteach...!

Blog Entries
    Simple, has a very graphic look to it..Thanks for sharing WMUTeach
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Fantastic finish, Wmuteach!

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Nice, patriotic log cabin, WMU!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Such lovely finishes for June. I love all of them. I counted a total of 10 UFO’s completed for this month. Let’s see if we can beat that number for July. My goal number for us is 20 total. Do you think that is doable?

I’m finishing up on my pink baby quilt. Still have 2.5 blocks to quilt. But it got interrupted with other things. I figure I will have several more finishes this month after I get my quilting machine set up downstairs. It should be set up and ready to start using by the last week of the month. Then a few classes and I will be ready to go.

Fyi: I went to a quilt show last month and they had flyers of an app called “Quiltful.” It lets you put in your very basic steps you have completed or working in a ufo list. It’s the best app I have seen for this process. I know it works on I-phone, unsure about other phones. I have too many to mention here. Anyone one else have this app?

WMU = nice log cabin #682.

Blog Entries
    Good morning UFO'ers, happy fourth and make it a safe one. Since I'm on the board I might as well say greeting to everyone. I signed into the Virtual Quilters thread and lurked at the Scrappy Irish Chain thread. So, now it's time to get busy and sew a little. I am still working on these 20 yo project and finally found some match blue at the 'Hobby Lobby' for a reasonable price. Hopefully, I can make progress on these things. They are only child-size quilts and the child is an adult now.
    Stay safe and enjoy your day everyone

Cherryb

I finished what is, in my mind, a UFO this morning! It's a table runner made from 3blocks left from my Unwind quilt. I didn't use them in the quilt because I forgot that the triangles are directional & cut some out of folded strips of fabric. I could tell the difference so decided not to put them in the quilt. Instead, I used some other fabric in the blocks, completely different from the greens in my quilt. They made a runner that is just shy of 36" long. Today I put on binding, the only step left to complete it. I quilted it prior to quilting the actual quilt as a practice piece. I'm pleased with it & will try to attach a photo later.

Happy 4th of July to all. I have only 6 hexi flowers to make so I should finish those today. Then I can work on quilt top. Seems like I've been making Hexis forever. Lol.. Have a beautiful day!!

I hope all had a happy and safe 4th of July extended week and weekend. I’m still working on a baby ufo. Now I’m need to fmq 1 more block and the border. Then I have 2 more UFO’s baby quilts to complete. Trying to make my long UFO list smaller. Enjoying my lovely warm July weather.

Took 7 quilts to "comfort quilts" last night. They haven't been UFO's long, but still have been sitting for months just making the collection of UFO's larger. There are now 17 to go for comfort quilts, most are at the quilting stage. One needs a back, then quilt, one needs soom time with an instructor so I can learn machine embroidery quilting. Several are kitted. All of these are to reduce stash without buying anything to go with the fabric I already have.

With those 7 finished and out of here, my space looks better.

Yeh! to me!

Congrats, PTF! Nice accomplishment.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Lots of sewing by some folks going on. Congrats on the finishes!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Well done, petthefabric!

My hexi's are done...now making 4P's...and I finished all the blocks on another quilt. Making progress.

Congratulations, petthefabric!

I have 3 UFO's but way too many WIPs. I thought I would get a lot finished this summer but I have been out of town quite a few overnights helping my niece and her husband by running their girls around or just hanging out with them at their house. Precious memory time.

I also have been taking classes at my LQS and that uses up time too but it has been so much fun. I have made 3 different types of bags, working on a 10-week block quilt, learned how to free motion quilt, started a tea towel, and made a cork billfold. I still have a few more classes to go in July. It was definitely a good choice to buy the Summer Pass because most of these classes were included in the $149 pass purchase.
    Last edited by retiredteacher09; 07-13-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    Connie

Congrated PTF on your seven finishes. Yea!

I have been busy thinking of finishing my BHMQ-GF top, WIP. I only have 2.5 borders to sew on and I'm done. Still debating on one of the borders. I really enjoyed sewing that project. Probable why it's taking 2/3 of the year so far to sew. I finished a pink baby top, WIP. I'll quilt it in a week or two. On another Pink Baby quilt I just need to finish FMQing on one 12" block and the border and that UFO will be completed. Went on a Mini Shop Hop. It was a nice trip around the area, Perfect weather. Enjoy sewing everyone.

I would like to join--even though the year is half over. I deployed last year, so I have kinda been out of pocket. Since getting back in February, I have finished 4 (gotten them back from the quilter and gifted already ). This past weekend, I finished putting borders on 2 that were two and three years old. These are ready to go to the quilter's. This is what I count as no longer UFOs!

For my continuous UFOs, I have:
    2 Saturday Samplers (three years old)
    3 or 4 Strip quilts
    1 Embroidered horse block quilt
    1 Embroidered car block quilt
    2 Panel-themed quilts
    1 Halloween quilt (11 yr?)

That is the count I can remember for now. I know I won't get all of these done, but I can kick out some of them in the next 5-1/2 months!
    Madeline

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 LastLast