2019 UFO Challenge

Old 02-27-2019, 11:52 AM

Sewbizgirl...really great scrappy!

Watson
Old 02-27-2019, 03:06 PM

Well January started off well and then February hit. I spent 2 weeks in Arizona the end of January into February, my brother-in-law passed. He had Parkinson's but was doing well until all of a sudden. I was barley home and my Mother was put in the hospital and has been out almost a week now. She is getting stronger and I don't need to stay with her as much as when she first came home. I still need to finish the binding on a couple of the quilts from January and for February I was to finish putting some blocks together, quilt and bind. I don't think I will get things done this month but March is a new month. I am blessed to be able to help family out, just very tired right now. I did not see my machine much in February so I hope to spend more time sewing in the next few weeks. I am getting a new grand baby the end of March, so will take some time to spend with Erin when she gets here. Love seeing all the pics of your finishes, they are keeping me motivated to work on mine.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:34 PM

Beautiful quilts, WMUTeach! I always love a blue quilt.

Beautiful scrappy, sewbiz!

I will not be finishing my quilt in Feb. as I'd hoped, but steady progress. Almost done with the third quadrant.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Very sorry for your loss, Dawnmc. And I hope your mother continues to improve. Family is always priority over quilting. I just had a new grandbaby born, so I know your excitement over that!
Old 02-27-2019, 04:44 PM

Dawnmc, give yourself some grace and time. There are seasons in our life when we just can do what we want, in the end what we do is of more value than the quilt we wish we were working on. Jump back in when you can. It sounds like you are so close to finishing a couple of quilts. Smile and quilt on!
Old 02-27-2019, 06:31 PM

Dawnmc...so sorry to hear of your family loss and struggles. You are definitely a blessing to be able to support and offer help. Get some rest and take care of yourself.... Hoping mom makes a turn for the better..

Congratulations, Sewbiz, on your new grandbaby!! I remembered one of the munchkins was due in February. Hoping all is well with both mommy and baby. Enjoy spoiling! Such an exciting time for you...
Old 02-27-2019, 09:01 PM
Power Poster

This is my February baby... Millie! Sweetness overload.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609428[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4808.jpg  
Old 02-27-2019, 10:08 PM

Oh my goodness....Millie is seriously adorable. love her name..so sweet. Cuddle Mania! Congratulations, again, Grandma!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-28-2019 at 03:08 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-28-2019, 02:21 AM

Showbizgirl, congrates on your new GD, Millie is so cute.

Oh, I just love the finished UFO's being completed. Just a friendly reminder I will be totaling how many UFOs were completed or taken off your UFO list, so if you haven't already please PM me. Thank-you.

I'm making progress on my UFO's, I sent 4 of them to my LA lady. So in the next few months I expect to have several to show completed.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:15 AM

Teen: Quilted Twins are a recent addiction of mine. I just can't resist! For $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping I get a coordinated bundle of WOW what ever. This week I got a browns bundle and some black and paisley border print. My bundle is ten half yards and I do not have to drive anywhere. And I'm on the fabric moratorium too!

Be sure to check their free pattern section. I was amazed at the work put in there and then given away free. Marcia