2019 UFO Challenge

Old 10-07-2019, 06:42 AM

Good morning UFO'ers, thanks Connie and Teen for you encouragement and as soon as I get to my editor-grand daughter to guide me in downloading the pix, I'll add them. Maybe the 20 yo quilt will be back from the LA. That's a story I've shared before but, willing to repeat. Now everyone have a good sew-day.

Happy Sew-Day---cherryb
Old 10-16-2019, 07:19 AM

Okay Ladies & Germs,
Since it was a holiday this past weekend, I went through my backing material for the last 7 moratorium tops I finished last month. This also will count towards the Moratorium Challenge I signed up for here on the board since I haven't bought anything. The tops are awaiting a trip to the LA--Yeah!

I located a "gifted" UFO I haven't seen in almost 11 yrs. Of course, I wouldn't find the one I was looking for . It was originally a BOM begun by my Fabric Angel (I love this woman!). She had it started, but doesn't really go for Stars all that much. After the first 4 months, she was going to trash it. I thought it was interesting. I asked her for it and she gave it to me. It is called "Bits and Pieces". I cannot remember who the designer is, but it is from 2008 (round about). It is comprised of variations of each monthly block in three sizes--6", 9" and 12". The kit supplied the material for the 12" blocks for each month, and you provide the material for the two smaller sizes. All of the squares are finished . It just needs border material and assembly. The finished top calls for applique, which really is not me, so there will be a bit of "White Space" for the LA to play in. It is supposed to finish at 80x94, but I always want "more", so I will add about 20" all around. I am really excited about getting this one done, but I have to remind myself to focus on my "Moratorium-Oops" and a Saturday Sampler before I dive right in.

Wish me luck!
Old 10-17-2019, 04:55 AM

Motorcyclemad: Good luck on getting your goals accomplished.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

Sewglad to hear of goals made and met!

The next UFO for me is a flying geese I started BEQ (Before Electric Quilt on my computer in other words 2010) I still have the graph paper it was created on. Have some other must do projects in the way so not sure how long this one will take me. The geese are in burgundy/browns/a little country blue that measure 3 x 6 when finished and will be set in a vertical strip setting....if I follow the earlier plan.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:23 PM

Sorry that I haven't been more supportive here, life has just been too crazy, I only work part time 3 days a week and help mom one or more days a week. I don't seem to get any UFO's finished or anything else for that matter. I have gotten a few quilts finished but they were either test quilt or new to send to friends. I have another test quilt to do and some stained glass to work on, but should be able to get to a UFO this month at least that's the goal!

It does look like others have been busy! Congratulations on all the finishes for September and October.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:20 PM

I haven't check in for a while but I am here lurking and quilting. I think I mentioned a while back about hand quilting a special piece for a nephew and his bride. I hand pieced the rest of the needed blocks for the top. A new skill for me but went well. I battled layering it, got it done. Found the spray baste is not a good idea for hand quilting. Took the sandwich apart. Washed the back, new batting, swished the top about in warm water in my bath tub. Used the dryer on the back and pressed. Let the top air dry and pressed. Then a took all ta friend with a long arm and she/we basted it on the LA. Tonight I am back to hand quilting and it is going well. It must be done by the end of January, but with holidays and the end of a university semester and the beginning of another, it will demand that I quilt daily and not be lazy!. I'll post a photo when I get more quilting done.

Keep up your good work on clearing out your UFO's I am enjoying your posts.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:47 PM

Happy sewing/quilting everyone. I’ve been busy working on several project. Most of these are almost done. I’ll Post when they are done.

I was wondering if anyone would like to take over this thread next year. If not I will continue. I was just wondering If anyone would. I’m having issues posting my comments. Over 1/2 the time I will write a comment and when I hit send, a msg appears stating I did not sign in on the site. Even tho I did sign in. I enjoy this site. Just let me know if anyone would like to take over. Anyway, I really enjoy seeing all of the finished pics.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:43 AM

Happylab -I've the same problems a few times, it has to do with how long you have sat idle. Even when I am creating a response if I haven't refreshed the screen by going to the Advanced post area to preview my post it will dump me out. The bad thing is typing doesn't count as being active. I haven't figured out what the idle time length is. Does anyone know?
Old 10-18-2019, 12:57 PM

I have started working on my UFO and plan to finish it soon for my Grandson
Old 10-18-2019, 01:46 PM

Happylab, I had that problem for a while earlier this year, but seemed to resolve itself. Another problem that I run into is getting a message that says my reply can’t be posted because it’s too short.

Rob