2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-04-2020, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

WMUTeach making a few of these should make a dent in the Christmas leftovers! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:35 PM

I'm getting close to finishing a top from stash: 65 x 55, which is ~4 yds with seam allowances, waste, etc.. Now, it's back to stash to find ~4 yds for the back and 1/2 yr for binding. This one is a keeper. Tomorrow or Friday when I feel fresh, I'll attempt a photo, no promises. I've had directions, I'm just not good at following directions.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:57 AM

Very cute WMUTeach.

Rob
Old 11-05-2020, 08:15 AM

Hey there moratoriumers I've been pretty quiet for me and pretty much off line the last couple of weeks. Some times life just throws a series of things that sound pretty petty and like whining when you list them out so I won't. Nothing horrible, just minor annoyances in most years seem greater this year.

I've gotten so little done quilting-wise this year compared to my normal output. The nice thing about the fabric is it can wait until next year. I've done very well on the not buying! I've sent out some donation boxes.

I just finished my last round in the Round Robin project, it will go next to the maker of the center/owner. I had to do a lot of math and figuring based on the fabrics I was using and just laughed when I did indeed have "just enough" of my black yardage. Have a picture of what was left and the story here:
2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 11-05-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I'm getting close to finishing a top from stash: 65 x 55, which is ~4 yds with seam allowances, waste, etc.. Now, it's back to stash to find ~4 yds for the back and 1/2 yr for binding. This one is a keeper. Tomorrow or Friday when I feel fresh, I'll attempt a photo, no promises. I've had directions, I'm just not good at following directions.
pet...
PM me and I’ll share my email....I’ll be glad to post a picture for you. I wanna see the keeper!!
Old 11-05-2020, 06:10 PM

petthefabric: Looking forward to the post.

Iceblossom: Very pretty and wahoo to just enough black.

I have another top finished. It was a simple enough top but I lost all of my mojo earlier this week. My inspiration was the yard of jungle fabric. I found everything in my stash from donations along the way. The red borders were found in the last bunch of fabric my church group sent my way. Someone had taken a shirt apart. There were leftover sleeves and fronts with pockets. Lol! It worked great for the borders. I’m cutting the rest into strips.

It looks better in person. 🤷‍♀️
Attached Thumbnails b32d6345-33cb-46c7-abc3-c7d663317660.jpeg  
Old 11-05-2020, 10:49 PM
Power Poster

reteach...from odds and ends you put together some nice quilts. Maybe you just need to rest and then mojo will return!

Another LQS is having a monthly scrap/stash mystery quilt. I pulled out fabrics and was ready to start cutting, but that's as far as it got. Now time for a new one...will see if I get my act together on this one. Will see how my week goes!
Old 11-06-2020, 12:03 AM

Neat way to use those jungle fabrics, retiredteach!

Rob
Old 11-06-2020, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the compliments. I was trying to find the name of the fabric and when I found it, the website said it was rare. I can’t remember the name of it though. Lol!

I am more into a cleaning/organizing stage in my sewing room which is ok. At least, I found my missing crazy patch block, repressed it, checked it’s size (I had to take 2 seams out to make it big enough), and then put it in the correct place. 👍.

It was middle 70’s today. Beautiful and totally unexpected weather for this time of year. One less day of winter as I see it.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:49 PM

oksewglad: I’m trying to avoid anything new right now but the Bonnie Hunter one is sure enticing me to join. I have plenty of time but I’m enjoying working on my own things. Good luck with your monthly mystery quilt.