2022 UFO challenge

Old 01-24-2022, 01:53 PM

Sigh I had just started to quilt a UFO from the summer (my Lonestar) and the Janome *broke*!
(Sigh)
It's went to "the guy" on Saturday....and I'm busy making another hopefully-not-ufo with some red and grey 9 patches into a nice Irish chain. My little Brother Brownstone does nice piecing but can't really get thru the quilt sandwich.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
Sigh I had just started to quilt a UFO from the summer (my Lonestar) and the Janome *broke*!
(Sigh)
It's went to "the guy" on Saturday....and I'm busy making another hopefully-not-ufo with some red and grey 9 patches into a nice Irish chain. My little Brother Brownstone does nice piecing but can't really get thru the quilt sandwich.
Oh isn't that the worst, when we are on a roll with a UFO and it has to be put on hold for some reason! Fingers crossed you get your Janome back soon!
Old 01-24-2022, 03:26 PM

Just when making progress on a UFO to goes back into the pile. Bummer.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:37 PM

Thought I'd show you some pics of my UFO's. Also putting pics into 1 file so I can see at a glance what they are.

newsome-class-empty-spools-bleeding-hear-2-.jpgstack-whack-2mp.jpg
The first was done in Newsome's class at Empty Spools. I think it was too graphic. So it's sat for ~15 years. I really want to finish it. Surly I can do something.

The second is a stack and whack. The spinning blocks are all right side of fabric. The squares with four parts are front and the mirror from the back. Very few fabrics have enough ink on the back to pull this off. Don't really like the layout but maybe it can be saved.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:58 PM

Hello. I should join this thread. I have 3 or 4 tops to be quilted. A hand appliqué that I stopped when I ran out of border fabric. Also I inherited 2 quilts from a friend. They have all the fabrics but only some of the blocks built. I’m not sure how well I will do with this challenge as I am also trying to use up my stash making charity quilts. I REALLY need to quit accepting fabric from others.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:58 PM

cjsews. coming back to this thread helps me remember quilts I could be working on but forgot about.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:02 PM

And some more;
ufo-2mp.jpg quilt-mellow-yellow-resize-2mp.jpg rxr-ufo-2mp.jpg
I don't even remember #1 & 3. #2 was a challange. I had to look up the lyrics. There's a lot of symbolism. LSD was THE drug when I was in college. I'm too cautious to have tried it.
Attached Thumbnails stack-whack-2mp.jpg  
Old 01-24-2022, 07:08 PM

I don't actually have any UFOs on my list, as such, but I do love this thread so I'll just say I have lots of ideas, a few projects started, and boxes of fabric that I'm hoping will find some meaningful place in a quilt top at some point. Of course, if I start all of the projects that are currently at the ideas stage, I'm sure I can have a stack of UFOs by the summer! That would allow me to board the train officially, right?

In the meantime, I really look forward to seeing what you all dig up on this journey. :-)
Old 01-24-2022, 10:45 PM

Funny Gemm. You don't need UFO's to be a member. Think of it as motivation to not get any UFO's. If you'd like, I could send you some of mine.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:36 AM

I love your wack 'n' stack quilt, petthefabric.