2022 UFO challenge

Old 01-25-2022, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad View Post
So glad we are up and running for this year. Thank you, HappyLab! I have two UFOs complete and two more I am trying to figure out borders for. I will post pictures as I get them.

Thank you again, HappyLab!
Finally got some pics...
The color-blocked one set on point is just over 12 years old. It was originally for my cousin's 6yo daughter (she is old enough for a graduation quilt now). I did a 1" interweaving sashing. Considering the hassle, I am glad that this one is done.

The second is of a horse panel that had a matching pillow panel. The pillow panel was cut apart and used as the outer corners of the quilt top. This one is about the same in the timeline. It was already cut out, so it was easy to get finished. I did have some fun with the striped border to match up the "Pillow" cornerstones in the second picture.
Attached Thumbnails 20220116_170040_resized.jpg   20220115_165105_resized.jpg   20220115_165132_resized.jpg  
Old 01-25-2022, 05:10 PM

Here are my two centers. The first one gave me fits. It was a deer collage panel I cut apart for the focus squares. I am a math person, and almost everything I counted would not come out right. I had some issues with the D9P. It is the first time I have ever done it.

The second center is just another panel. I am thinking of doing a floating pieced border. Hopefully, it turns out as good as I think it will.
Attached Thumbnails 20220116_164400_resized.jpg   20220123_163141_resized.jpg  
Old 01-25-2022, 08:30 PM

happylab: Thanks for getting this thread started for this year.

I have enjoyed reading through all of the posts. Good luck to everyone with UFOs.

ckcowl: I hope you start feeling well soon.

I have 4 UFOs. The same 4 I had last year. However, I did make progress on 2 of them so they are at the sandwich stage. I decided the third one is fine at its' current size so that one is also in the sandwich stage. The fourth one has been sitting on a table for a month or so. I need to finish the last 2 applique blocks. I decided a few years ago that I was going to make the blocks into wall hangings and have the canvas frames to mount some of them.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:26 AM

Yes Ckcowl, I hope you find relief from your headache and other symptoms soon.

It sounds like most have identified their UFOs and have an idea of which ones to complete or abandon. Connie, at least the same 4 you had last year are the only 4 you need to finish this year and that your UFOs didn’t multiply. Madeline, from the quilts you posted photos, looks like most of them are close to completion…I look forward to seeing everyone’s UFO finishes and the one WMUTeach is almost finished with. Petthefabric, I love your medallion and bird quilt…your friend is going to love it.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:29 AM

Motorcyclemad you have some great quilts there! They will be even greater when they are finished.
I spent 20 minutes quilting last night after the family were all asleep, and then another 30 minutes this morning before breakfast. Slowly but surely this UFO will be finished! I'm thinking of possibly sending out a couple of UFOs to be longarm quilted. I've never done that before, but it would help me get more done.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:39 AM

Default 2 completed from 2010

in 2010 a quilting group met and we made two 9-1/2 inch block per month...mine went into a container and forgotten
happy they are attached the smaller 16 block one has been and the 20 blocks one is on our King size bed

never too late.
Attached Thumbnails img_0325.jpg   img_2204.jpeg  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:51 PM

Yeah! Congratulations on the finishes, Judy! 🎉
Old 01-26-2022, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Yeah! Congratulations on the finishes, Judy! 🎉

thank you. And I meant to say the smaller lap quilt has been gifted and so well received.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:45 PM

Good evening everyone, CKCowl, praying for your strength and please take much care of yourself

Judy363905, gorgeous pix of your UFOs, they remind me of my Mom, she would use her extra blocks for bed runners

cherrybsixty
Old 01-26-2022, 05:15 PM

Yeah, Judy for finishing, using and gifting! Good for you.

I spent part of my day getting ready for my quilt group work day on Saturday. My "work" will be layering UFOs and WIPs (Work in Progress) . Got three quilts ready, back, batting and finished top all cut and in bags. Now, I have several WIP tops that also need to be layered. Which to take and which to put off for another month. HUMMM? Why do I put off layering all these quilts? Oh, yeah, no room to do it at home and I just keep making more tops. Tee-Hee-Hee