Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 12-16-2016, 09:56 AM

On the first page of today's clue she said that she should have the new tools on the 21st and she has all the invoices, labels and packing materials ready to get them mailed out before Christmas Eve.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:00 AM

I agree, joe'smom. I don't know why Bonnie is so stressed about the rulers. I'm not buying any, because I know there are other ways to make the same units. Quilts have been made for decades without specialty rulers, I'm baffled at why now we need them. I guess the mystery just deepens But it's a shame how the whole fun of the Mystery Quilt is held up because of it... Here we are on week four and we are just making the same units with differnt colors. I wonder why she didn't combine them all into the same related clue?
Old 12-16-2016, 10:21 AM

I am enjoying the slower pace of this MQ this year. Makes me now difference if we finish by New Year's Day or later. Most MQ from other designers go much long than 5 - 6 weeks.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:28 AM

On further thought, I see a way the delay makes sense. If the ruler clues had come early, the people who had the ruler on order would have had nothing to do that week if they chose to wait and use the new ruler to make the clue. This way, everyone has had something to work on each week. If the ruler clues are announced at the end of the mystery, then it's a much shorter time period for those waiting on the ruler, before they can make those clues.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:33 AM

Givio, I see no ads. I have antibanner setting on in my antivirus which may be blocking the ads.

She has been posting clues every Friday since t he beginning, just not in the order she had planned. I think it may have been wishful thinking on Bonnie's part that the manufacturer would have sent the ruler sooner. I don't see her skipping weeks without clues just to wait for people to receive their rulers. I've always cut HST with my straight ruler so there are ways to complete the clues as they are given. Sometimes the rulers help square up pieces when trimming.

And I do believe that you can delay blog posts and she has posted to her blog when she's been on the road.

Last edited by pennycandy; 12-16-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:49 AM

All the units need to be made, it makes no difference to me either way what order. This way is actually a bigger mystery since whole colors are still a mystery.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:56 AM

This is my first Bonnie Hunter MQ, so I guess I was expecting a roller coaster ride of 150+ units a week. But yes, the mystery certainly deepens And once it all comes together it's going to be absolutely stunning! I went digging in my stash for a differnt neutral for this clue, just to add some interest to my week That way I feel less like I am making clue 2.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
She's just too touchy. And yes, she IS a whiner. I had to stop reading her blog posts because they annoy me so bad. Just can't take any more of it
i stopped reading the blogs too. sounds like she gets a lot of complaints/whining from her public, but this is her business. I really appreciate and enjoy the mystery process, just not interested in all the othe drama she has going on.

this week looks like another slow one. Overall this year's pace seems mUCH slower than last year, but I am only doing half this year so that may account for some of it. The next two weeks will be whoopers unless she will be delaying the big reveal until later in January. If it is delayed, I will miss it because I am leaving on a 3 week trip to Myanmar in early January! Hopefully the clues will stay posted till mid February so I can print them off when I get home.

NZ, last year did seem much more the roller coaster ride you were expecting.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
This is my first Bonnie Hunter MQ, so I guess I was expecting a roller coaster ride of 150+ units a week. But yes, the mystery certainly deepens And once it all comes together it's going to be absolutely stunning! I went digging in my stash for a differnt neutral for this clue, just to add some interest to my week That way I feel less like I am making clue 2.

LOL! I, too, was curious and went looking for different neutral fabric from my stash.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

I think the waiting for rulers is more of a saving face sort of thing. She sold those rulers by telling people they were great for the mystery quilt, and so if she gives the clues without the rulers all the buyers will see they didn't really need them after all. Really, this ruler is just a combo of the Easy Angle and some other ruler we all probably already have. She told us we needed the Easy Angles two years ago, so I bought one then, and am still using it. The only difference is that she didn't make any money off of it.

I'm annoyed because I believe there are probably way more people NOT using the new Bonnie Hunter Ruler, yet we all have to wait for those clues too, (as if we couldn't make a HST without it). I just hope the weekly clues aren't delayed at some point, waiting for the rulers. Maybe she shouldn't have started this until she had rulers in hand?

Someone asked if the mystery every went beyond Jan 1? As long as I have been doing them, they have not. She has always revealed on Jan. 1.