Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery >

Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Old 11-29-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Darn, your florals looked so promising!

Thanks! I think they're cute together. I arranged them into a border, and I think I'll make a few more and use them on a table runner. Who knows. I may incorporate more of Bonnie's steps into my runner. But I don't know that these bits are going to work on Bonnie's quilt. I was working toward something of a low contrast look sort of a Kaffe Fasset feel, but only using one Kaffe Fasset print! But the tiny squares don't work as well as bigger chunks would have. I'll follow along and see if I can keep going.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:43 PM

All 4-patches done! I am using yardage rather than scraps so it went much faster. I've never finished a clue in the week it was given, far less on the day it was posted. I've also been working on 2018 MQ Good Fortune and hope to have a completed top by the end of the weekend. It's been sitting around and I realized it's close enough to not need a whole lot of time to finish it up. It would be great to have one less WIP.

Edited to note that the light blue looks pretty gray in the picture but is really a bright sky blue.
Attached Thumbnails mq-2019-2.jpg  

Last edited by IrishNY; 11-29-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:53 PM

Linda/wildyard,

I especially love your selection of darker blues (middle row, right) and red/raspberry fabrics (top row, right). I am amused that I recognize the fabric on the top of the bottom row, right section as a Jinny Beyer fabric - I got some of it in Lone Star quilt kit I bought. I think your choices will look really nice together and I look forward to seeing how your quilt progresses.

(This is back on post #315 for folks who want to see the picture.)
Old 11-29-2019, 08:14 PM

That always amuses me too, when I see a little snippet of fabric in someone else's project and recognize it as one I have in my stash or have worked with.

Originally Posted by platyhiker View Post
Linda/wildyard,

I especially love your selection of darker blues (middle row, right) and red/raspberry fabrics (top row, right). I am amused that I recognize the fabric on the top of the bottom row, right section as a Jinny Beyer fabric - I got some of it in Lone Star quilt kit I bought. I think your choices will look really nice together and I look forward to seeing how your quilt progresses.

(This is back on post #315 for folks who want to see the picture.)

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2019 at 03:34 AM. Reason: fix quote formatting
Old 11-29-2019, 08:22 PM

Belfrybat,

I think your color choices look lovely. (This is in post #248 if you want to see the picture.) I especially love the green fabric you selected. I am not a fan of the yellow-greens that Bonnie has in her selections and your green is a really nice, light shade that appeals to me. All your fabrics work very well with each other. I look forward to seeing how your quilt turns out.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:24 PM

Jmoore: Such a cutie. Good thing there are several ways to keep updated with social media but I know there’s nothing like holding those little ones.

Fun 4 patches and quilts being shown.

I am getting the itch to join but I really need to finish a few other things and then get started on some baby items for my first grandchild in February.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:11 PM

Question... are we supposed to be using all our reds in this one step or just picking some for this part and saving some for using later? Same question about the blues... by cutting strips, and because I am making the throw size, I only used about half my reds and blues... any thoughts if this is the right way to go? Is it ok to ask on the facebook page?
Old 11-29-2019, 09:31 PM

Jmoore- What a beautiful baby!

I am in the middle of making a Christmas present so I won’t start until I am done with that quilt. I am enjoying looking at everyone’s and reading the comments. I am planning to use yardage but haven’t bought all my colors simply because I got caught up in the other quilt. Now wondering what I want to do color wise again! I had planned to use a navy (own) and a lighter purple (need to buy) but am now wondering if I should just do the dark and lighter blues. Since I am planning on doing a smaller number I am probably really overthink this! If I love it I can always do more later.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:01 PM

Thanks Kristijoy, Joe’s mom and Mumto2...he is a joy to hold, at least for a few more days while I am in California.
Retiredteacher, I guess I forgot you were expecting your first grandchild in February...how exciting.

Kristijoy, I hope you are bonding nicely with your new Janome. It is so fun to play and learn on a new machine.

I will be anxious to get started and, hopefully, catch up on Frolic next week...in the meantime, it is fun to follow everyone’s posts and progress.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:24 AM

Still cutting and sewing #1 this morning. Anyone else working on it this morning?