Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Box of Strings Quilt Along!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Wow love the rainbow effect you did with your strings! Have never did no batting may have to try that.
    ​Christine

Great rainbow layout, Murphy.
    Jane

Murphy, the controlled colors in your quilt are striking!

Power Poster
    ​Great rainbow Murphy!

Thank You! Will post another picture when I get it finished.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-29-2018 at 03:29 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

Blog Entries
    so beautiful!

Keep the inspirational pictures coming! I'm still piecing in between other projects, planning on a little over 200 blocks 40 blocks done with scraps I've picked up from various hiding places in my sewing room. Haven't even touched my official scrap bin yet.

Blog Entries
    Still working on mine. Ya'll are way ahead. But I am not discouraged: (sorry about the camera angle...)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought the backing for mine yesterday. Since my triangles are navy, I went with a similar navy backing. My top has 112 triangles, making my quilt 7 X 8 full blocks in size. It’s aboit 50” X 62” unfinished, so it should make a good lap quilt for the couch. It’s 3rd in line for quilting. I’ve almost completed the first quilt in line, with Mystery #19 to be done next. So it will be some days before it’s finished. Plus, summer camp season for elementary kids starts next week & I’m teaching full-day camps most of the summer. The money is good, but it will seriously cut into my quilting time! So I may not have many finishes during the next 3 months.

Jane the Quilter it is looking good!
    Conchalea awesome that you got it to the size that you are happy with and have the backing to get if finished. Heah at least it made it to the quilting pile I have about 10 projects that are started at least and about 7 that need to be quilted too.
    So here it is I pretty much tried to stitch in the ditch not so successful on this big beast and it is heavy I used 80/20 batting and a flannel back that I had pieced for another quilt top that I ended up donating to my guild. I used a black tone on tone to bind it with. Done is better than perfect and since I do not have a twin bed in my house not sure where it will end up but is definitely cozy.
    Name:  20180523_104752.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  580.2 KB
    ​Christine

Blog Entries
    I have the tri recs ruler so will get started in a few days. Just have a couple of things to finish them I'll be free to make this. I am playing with the idea of using flannel for the back.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
    Conchalea awesome that you got it to the size that you are happy with and have the backing to get if finished. Heah at least it made it to the quilting pile I have about 10 projects that are started at least and about 7 that need to be quilted too.
    So here it is I pretty much tried to stitch in the ditch not so successful on this big beast and it is heavy I used 80/20 batting and a flannel back that I had pieced for another quilt top that I ended up donating to my guild. I used a black tone on tone to bind it with. Done is better than perfect and since I do not have a twin bed in my house not sure where it will end up but is definitely cozy.

Frustrated, I really like yours. My triangles are oriented the other way. I didn’t think to orient them like you did. Interesting how different people interpret quilts, isn’t it?

Blog Entries
    frustrated, I like it with no boarder and a black binding. It looks perfect to me.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful quilts--I love seeing all the variations.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
    I have a long way to go, as I am making mine queen size, but this is how I picture mine, with no border and black binding. Simply love Frustratedquilter's

Christine, Yours is awesome! Just love the black binding and if you don't mind, I think I will use black too. How did the stitch in the ditch go? I only have the flannel backing and it is heavy enough. I got mine sandwiched with just a pieced flannel backing and no batting. thinking about how to quilt.....all over free motion? in the ditch? maybe wavy lines on the diagonal. just not sure. So many seams in this that just the wavy lines on the diagonal will be easiest with something special in the "black box tops:....would like to emphasize them a bit.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Very inspiring, ladies! Frustratedquilter, that turned out great. It looks perfect just bound in black.
    Lisa

Jane - you're making great progress. I'm not nearly finished with mine either. I'm using mine as a leader/ender kind of project. So fun to watch it grow - - -
    Jane

Here's my variation, thanks for help from MacyBaby, with my Kaffee Fassett fabrics. I call it KF Cubed.

Name:  KF Cubed.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  511.9 KB
    Jane

After looking at the picture, I realize I need to add another row on the left. I'm on it - - -
    Jane

I am enjoying this thread. Great pattern and such diverse interpretations. Wonderful quits. I hope to do this in the near future!!!

Jane I like how you used KF fabrics looks beautiful.
    ​Christine

Quote Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
    Here's my variation, thanks for help from MacyBaby, with my Kaffee Fassett fabrics. I call it KF Cubed.

Name:  KF Cubed.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  511.9 KB
    I love it. I have no strings and can't see me cutting all strings but this would be perfect.
    I need a tutorial on this
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt View Post
    I love it. I have no strings and can't see me cutting all strings but this would be perfect.
    I need a tutorial on this
    The tutorial is on that board here on QB. It was started by AngeliaNR. Check it out-making this quilt top was addictive for me!

Blog Entries
    It is so relaxing just sewing strings and flipping them. I have 6 rows done so far, but in no rush. Just stitch and flip and listen to the radio....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast