Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

I am so excited to hear how productive these guilds can be! Congrats on your double win, Woodland!
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Hereís the picture of fabric donated:
A little bit of this and that sometimes doesnít combine well to make a quilt. If all of this is combined with a little bit of this at some place else into a a bigger pile it can combine. IOW giving it to someone else might combine with her stash to make a quilt, but at your house itís not enough to make anything. If that makes sense, youíre a mind reader.
Bottom line_________it just might be the best to give it to someone else.
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM

ibex94: Thank you!

woodland creature: It’s a nice feeling to see your fabric being used quickly. That is such a nice gesture for your guild to make pillowcases for Kindergartners.

petthefabric: I understood that comment. 🙂. You’re absolutely correct. Plus the other person’s creative mind will do wonders with the fabric given.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; Yesterday at 04:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM

Woodland and Retiredteacher, you are winners! Cleaning out and donating is such a good way to reduce the stash and its release what you don't want or won't use. Doesn't feel so freeing to lighten the heavy load of what is good but unwanted. Keep it up and thanks for the inspiration.

I still haven't bought any fabric and the month of January is nearly over. Whoo Hoo! I know I will have to jump off the wagon for some cream background but I am going through my stash one more time to see if I can find any thing that will do first. Something might be lurking in an unexpected bin or pile.