Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old 01-22-2023, 11:45 AM

Oops, someone already had the bungee cord idea! I bow to her ingenuity......I am a day late and a dollar short!!!
Old 01-22-2023, 01:01 PM

I was doing some organizing for my next project and found out I had ordered and received the wrong pre-cuts. (needed to add another for the pre-cut I already had for the project.) So, I jumped off of the wagon and ordered the pre-cuts that I needed, and more pre-cuts so that I could do a log cabin with the 'wrong' pre-cuts I had already received. Then added some backing fabric as well. So, another full project, which is nice. But.... then I saw some really nice fabric that will go with a panel I want to make a wall hanging of, so... got that too. (but I must say) that I have been searching for a fabric that would go good with it for quite a while. Then I restocked a couple of basic thread colors I was getting low on...

Then in getting to the half way point of the quilt projects I am already working on, I decided that I didn't have the machine quilting ruler I needed to do the design wanted, so sent in an order today and of course had to hit the bargain room so added 2 more rulers as well.

So, if someone can give me a leg up, I'll get back on the wagon and try to at least last a month at a time. So far, I made it a couple of weeks on the wagon before nature called. Baby steps! Baby steps!

note to oneself: check order before hitting send, so order is correct, apparently that's what started the boulder rolling that knocked me out of my seat and carried me away!

Old 01-22-2023, 04:56 PM

Yeah, Sync! A good use of your own private quilt shop! Please post a photo when you get it finished. It is encouraging for all of us to see stash put to good use.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:09 PM

Way to go, Sync! What a great win. :-)

NoraB and quiltsfor, these things happen and there is often a "good" reason for our purchases, although sometimes it doesn't actually make sense until much later (for example, my first Covid quilt was made with fabric I bought more than 20 years previously and refused to get rid of even when it was very clear I wouldn't be doing any quilting for the foreseeable future. Fast forward to Covid and I found myself with a sanity-maintaining box of joy.) Dust yourselves off and jump up with new inspiration to use what you just bought!
Old 01-23-2023, 05:46 PM

Sync -- BRAVO!!

Quiltsfor -- I'll pull you up next to Gemm and I. It sounds like your purchases were exactly what you needed and had been thinking of for a while, so that's ok. Gemm is right, it all happens and it's all good. A day at a time will keep our fabric purchasing efforts reduced. Sit down right here and enjoy a cup of tea with us.

Nora, I will be your enabler. The perfect orange for an existing project is a great way to get your project out the door -- especially at the price for which you snagged it! I saw a handiquilt quote somewhere -- "to quilt is human, to finish divine". I think it fits your situation.

For the rest of us, I found a cute cartoon in pininterest that I have to share. For our male moratorium participants, please excuse the sexism.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-pass.jpg  
Old 01-24-2023, 04:48 PM

I took approximately 20 yards of various baby-appropriate fabric to a lady in our church group. Most of it was yardages but some were smaller pieces. Some of it came from the group over the years and waited for me to do something with it. 🙂. Out of my house makes me happy.

I also finished a 60” by 80” top from the cut off scraps from a parallelogram quilt I made last year. My church group sandwiched it today and I sewed it for a pillow turn. Next week, they will tie and donate it.

Attached Thumbnails a85f44fc-1173-471c-9ec1-16c2e5a2b641.jpeg  
Old 01-24-2023, 04:50 PM

Here’s the picture of fabric donated:

Attached Thumbnails 7b102434-93af-474d-86a5-188b82f802f6.jpeg  
Old 01-24-2023, 06:52 PM

Retired teacher09 -- fabulous!!! Sharing, making room, producing wonderful quilts and all without buying another piece of fabric. Congratulations! You are very encouraging.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:48 AM

I've been sorting my stash the past few days, and came across a few yards of children's fabrics that I was unlikely to use. Yesterday, I brought it along to our Guild's community service sew, and not only did they take it off my hands, but by the end of the day, half of it had already been sewn into pillow cases that will be donated to the schools in the area (each of the kindergarteners gets to choose a pillow case for themselves). Out of my house, and sewn into a project for a win!
Old 01-25-2023, 09:14 AM

I am so excited to hear how productive these guilds can be! Congrats on your double win, Woodland!