Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 PM

I read about your nightmare in the other thread Mirabelle! It really is a shame when measurements aren't right Did you find a solution for your problem?
Old 05-18-2013, 03:00 AM

Anael and QuiltE I think I have a solution to my problem, I won't worry about the embroidered panel, instead use the border fabric I was going to use for the final border and place this between the pieced panels..will lay it out tomorrow and post a pic for you to see and give me your opinion.. honest opinion warts and all.

So here is what I finished today with my fat quarter, it stand approximately 6 inches high and holds all my goodies for taking to patchwork. I already had one but it was a bit small so made this one a little bigger. Hope you like it.

Now when I go to patchwork I will be travelling with my friends and thinking of all the wonderful friends I have made here. Thank you QuiltE. I just noticed I have not removed all my marks so will do that right now and it will be perfect
Attached Thumbnails dscf0242.jpg   dscf0243.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 AM

Oh WOW that's wonderful Karen! How did you make it? I don't see any marks so to me it's perfect already
Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

That is absolutely marvelous, MiraB!!!!
So unique and will be the talk of the patchwork group, for sure!
Great idea with the raised portion in the lid, so you can stuff it full, and it will zip up easily enough.

Yippeeeee we get to go to patchwork each week with MiraB!!

Anael ... me-thinks the woman is blind ... warts? marks?

MiraB ... good idea for the quilt reno. Another reason why not to follow a pattern!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 AM

There are sooooooooo many talented quilters here! I am very happy I found this board. You bring knowledge and smiles to my days.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 AM

Karen ... that is gorgeous!!! I love the way the zipper is set and the vertical inside panel up the center back. Looks ... difficult
Old 05-18-2013, 07:10 AM

QuiltE ... thanks for finally rescuing my block from the stuffy PO. I'll bet he was hungry. Anael ... thanks for giving QuiltE a proper "nudge of shame"

I've chosen the block I want to make with the rest of my fabric that will go with my sampler ... now I need to figure out if I have enough fabric left. It's paper pieced ... so tricky math (I hate tricky math .. which is basically anything beyond the 5X multiplication table!).

But now ... the garden calls. I just did a morning stroll through the front beds (enjoyed the scent of Lily of Valley!) and the south bed (enjoyed the scent of Iris!). Now it's time to check on the beds in the back of the house and move my hoya's from the greenhouse to the back deck. I might plant up my deck pots after a trip to the garden center. We also have to set the frames for the tomato and cuke trellises over the vegetable garden. So many gardens ... so little time.

Spring time ... my gardens and my sewing room both beckon ... sewing can wait until evening. Must make hay while the sun shines!!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:42 AM

Mirabelle - that tote is wonderful. I've got my materials and pattern out, just wish I had the time to get at it. Of course, I'm on a trip and won't be home until tomorrow! We decided to take an extra three days!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 AM

DHM, you're welcome
PP is no tricky math, just print 1 extra sheet and use that as templates. I always do that with complicated PP designs. Saves time, fabric and hair

Jeanie, good for you, those extra days. Is your hubby well again?
Old 05-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

DHMom ... FYI the hay is not ready to cut yet!
Yes, your block was hungry. It's cute when it's hungry!
I took it's pic for you ... though have yet to download it and send it to you.

I too have been in the "beds" ... started yesterday with a truck of purchases and got some done last night. Just in to get cleaned up and take off, as I've run out if things to plant and have one small bed and a large planter box to do. They're all by themselves, so at least I don't have to worry about finding the very same as the rest of my flowers. Records time in getting this done ... not sure how that happened! (and oh my aching back!!!)

My Lily of the Valley are budded, so soon, I will have wafts of aroma. Likewise the Lilacs all along my lane. No iris here. Only blooms right now are my service berry tree and white ground phlox intersperesed with grape hyacinth. The best scent I got was working among the lavender bushes .... just starting to show their new growth, but oh they sure smell nice all the same!!

JeanieG ... no rush ... and besides, you need the extra days away to rest up for the next onslaught of worker bees buzzing about!

Anael ... good suggestion, when debating whether one has enough fabric for a PP project!

................ and now I am off, to get more posies ... and not of the 4PP variety!!!!