Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 10-25-2014, 11:00 AM

Well I am on the fence - do I really need to start another quilt before I finish the "never ending quilt" that I promised myself was going to get DONE and out of my sewing room and mind this year. But oh how I want to try one of BH MQ. I have the clues for Easy St. and Celtic Sol., do I just save the clues again? Also we bought a motorhome and I cannot handle the spread, want to make a quilt for that. Of course the colors BH has picked would not go. I don't think the motorhome has enough color variation to substitute.

I love reading everyone's comments and hoping to remember what page I am on,lol. Happy quilting ladies and so looking forward to reading and seeing more.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
I love reading everyone's comments and hoping to remember what page I am on,lol. Happy quilting ladies and so looking forward to reading and seeing more.
If you're logged on, after you click on the thread you should see View First Unread in the center of the screen just below the title. Click on that and it will take you right to where you left off.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:01 PM

Thanks quiltsrfun! Never saw that before!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:10 PM

Thanks for the input -- the rose it is. I don't really care for pink anyway.

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Having just been at the Grand Hotel a couple of weeks ago (and loved it!), and ignoring the fact that I'm trying to get my UFO list down to one page by the end of 2014, and also ignoring the fact that I already have one page of PIGs to do, I think I'm going to try this one.... As this quilt gets started, will people post on this thread, or will it be moved to another section? I want to see what everyone is doing.
Judging from the last two years, on-going discussions will remain on this thread. Best to subscribe to it, as this "Main" section moves really fast and the threads move to the next page or two very quickly.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:49 PM

Not sure how to subscribe to this thread so here I post my yellow, turquoise, and 1 neutral. I have never done a mystery quilt so this will be number 1. I had to buy 1/4 yards as I have no stash. Now only have to select and purchase the pinks, greens, neutrals, and blacks.
using the paint chips was fun. I think I will use this method again. Lol
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-25-2014, 03:04 PM

Belfrybat ... I also like the darker rose/pink. I think it balances out the other fabrics a bit better.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
I hope to make this mystery quilt- it will be my first, but not my first Bonnie hunter quilt!

I want to make this from my not-so-huge stash, and i want to use Christmas fabrics....I will use gold for the yellow constant, reds for the pink, greens for the greens, black and white neutrals.....but i am stumped with a color substitute for the teals....any thoughts? Royal blues, purples??? I have purple in my stash, but not much of any color of blue....
I think I would keep the teals in there. Royal blue woule be too dark. On the cards she picked teal in the lighter tones...
Old 10-25-2014, 03:40 PM

I wasn't familiar w/ her quilting style, so I googled her quilts, and my those are some busy quilts. I will be in the peanut gallery waiting to see your progress.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:48 PM

Went to another Lowes today and got the cards I was missing. Also picked up a couple extra sets so if there's anyone who can't get to Lowes just send me a PM & I be glad to mail you a set.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:25 PM

I am going off the reservation as usual. I've decided on a neutral palette. I am going to use blk & white per Bonnie and gray as my blue, red as my pink, and maybe a med tan/browns. Just want something different and I do love neutrals.