Newbies challenge

Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

I have been quilting for 12 years. I do fine reading and understanding a pattern. And I am a hand quilter. But, I don't know how to PP and I haven't done much applique.
So, I am willing to help anyone who needs me.
And I need to be adopted to learn PP and Applique :-D

If I can help in any way, I will be glad to do so, and will enjoy it!!

If you want to be adopted by me, just PM me, and I will be glad to get started! this is such a great idea!!! :-D :-D
Old 03-04-2010, 01:31 PM

I hope the wind will blow me a quilting mentor to the Texas Panhandle soon! I am getting ready to retire and really hit this quilt learning! :-D :)
Old 03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DesertNurse41
LOST: One female quilter that has only a month behide the needle. Easily trainable and eager to learn. Comes with most tools but no knowledge. If found please, accept her into your life and protect her from the big bad fabric/quilt world. SHE even does tricks, like read a yard stick, threads her own needle and collects pattterns she has no clue how to use. If found will be a loyal and devoted quilter. Won't you give her a chance, rescue a stray today. Answers to the name of "Redhead"
Hi, I grew up in West Virginia, in Gilmer Co. Have lots of family and friends still there. I am good at piecing , and have made lots of tops. I am also a hand quilter. If I can help in anyway will be glad to. :-D
Old 03-04-2010, 01:36 PM

I am a split personality. On one hand, I have enough quilting experience that I would be willing to adopt somone and be their mommy and teach them what I know. On the other hand, I need someone to adopt me and be my mommy and teach me what I don't know. Is there any one out there willing to adopt a split personality in alabama?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM

texas annie: I'll adopt you if you want. I have been quilting for a little over 2 years and know more than I think I know. I am going to get a mommy for me to help with what I don't know so I can pass that information on to you. Would you like to be my daughter?
P.S. I don't have a real daughter to pass my skills on to so I would be overjoyed to adopt one.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:52 PM

ReRe, I would love to be adopted by you!! I am so excited. Thank you Thank you!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 PM

ReRe,I am probably old enough to be YOUR Mommy, but I am more than eager to learn and be a good "substitute" daughter! My granddaughter is expecting a baby in May,and I am so excited to learn and spoil the little guy!! I can't wait to get started!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 PM

You have been quilting for a while so I have a question for you. Have you ever heard of a Feathered Star block? I am reading this book and they keep refering to this block but I have no idea what it looks like. Can you help me?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 PM

You have been quilting for a while so I have a question for you. Have you ever heard of a Feathered Star block? I am reading this book and they keep refering to this block but I have no idea what it looks like. Can you help me?
Old 03-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pamala
here is a link to a Feathered Star Block. in the right hand colum, second one down, red and white.
http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore6.html