Newbies challenge

Old 03-04-2010, 02:09 PM

Thank you so much. Definetly NOT a block for a newby. I think I will stay with easier blocks until my comfort level is a little higher.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by Pamala
You have been quilting for a while so I have a question for you. Have you ever heard of a Feathered Star block? I am reading this book and they keep refering to this block but I have no idea what it looks like. Can you help me?
here is a link to a Feathered Star Block. in the right hand colum, second one down, red and white.
http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore6.html
Thank you thank you!! What a find! All of those blocks.............and only one of me!!! I'll be lost in space for a few days.................. :lol:
Old 03-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by Pamala
You have been quilting for a while so I have a question for you. Have you ever heard of a Feathered Star block? I am reading this book and they keep refering to this block but I have no idea what it looks like. Can you help me?
here is a link to a Feathered Star Block. in the right hand colum, second one down, red and white.
http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore6.html
Thank you thank you!! What a find! All of those blocks.............and only one of me!!! I'll be lost in space for a few days.................. :lol:

:lol: :lol: It is a great site!! Have fun!!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:33 PM

I have a daughter, brwnntwn!!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kate2
I would like to have a quilting mommy.I am very new to quilting,and could use all the help I can get.
Thank You
kate2
Have you been adopted yet? I live in Eastern TN.

I'm one of those caught in the middle - can teach, but also have so much more to learn.

PM me if you are interested.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by brwnntwn
Originally Posted by charismah
HI all.....I am willing to help with what I know?? Does anyone want me for a Mommy??
Let's see I don't know how to hand quilt...B/c I have never tried and I can't say that I know how to FMQ..unless it is a small project b/c I have only ever long armed my quilts??
I DO know how to applique, paper peice and peice?? I don't know..I produce alot of quilts but I think all of us feel like beginners because we learn new things all of the time....so I guess I can try to lead because I don't feel like a "true" beginner?? If that makes sense?
Hey - I'd love to learn to Paper Piece. I've read bazillions of instructions - even tried to "just do it" and I am just not getting it! I also have only done machine quilting - no long arm though - just sticth in a ditch. AND I live in WA!!!!!!! What do you think?
Let's get going. We should be able to solve that paper piecing problem. Let me know what you were trying to do or what you want to do and we will figure it out from there. If you know where you go wrong, let me know. You can send me a PM (private message) by going to user list, typing in "sparky" and them clicking PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:43 PM

High everyone! If anybody needs assistance from the basic questions to hand-quilting, curved piecing, applique, & PP I might be able to help out. Send me a PM if you would like.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Wondering if there is anyone still needing a Mama? I have the basics down and even paper piecing. I do quilting on my home machine either stitch in the ditch or cross hatch. For what I don't know, I am sure we can find an answer.

I need to be adopted also as there are many things I havn't learned. I still am looking to learn FMQ, needle turn applique and all the advanced stuff. I am scrappy challenged as I like things to have a pattern/symetry (spelling?).

I would be happy to be a Mama for someone just starting.

Sheila
Old 03-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Helllooooo! I, too, am up for adoption!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Panther Creek Quilting,
needle turn is about the only way I applique; I can help you out with that, send me a PM.