Newbies challenge

Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM

Hi Butterjoy:

May I ask what is a weave pattern?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 AM

I would like to be adopted. I make simple quilts that go together fast. But the area that is a big problem for me is what fabric goes with what. I have a lot of.... WHAT WAS I THINKING... in the bottom of my closet. LOL. I would like to not add to that collection. And I have a gracee pro frame with juki 1500 that was purchased almost a year ago that was put together and has never been used. I have covered in plastic to keep dust out because I do not know how to load or operate it. I thought that it would come with a dvd on how to load and work it but I was wrong. Lack funds for classes. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thank you. Jackie
Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 PM

hi i need help also new to all. See i almost forgot I'm Evelyn
Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 AM

Right Handed....are you doing a survey?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:54 AM

I'd love to be adopted (between very beginner and not quite intermediate yet), and am willing to share what I've learned also. I've made simple quilts, 'Trip Around the World', 'Split Rail Fence', 'Love Knot', 'Celebrate', 'Log Cabin', basic blocks, started Stack'nWhack, learning paper piecing, want to learn english paper piece, crazy quilts. Have lots of ideas/interests. Have taken several classes & 3 quilt retreats w/national teachers. I also machine embroidery (Baby Lock Ellegante II)into quilting. Learning to 'quilt' before a long arm (hopeful). I'm new to this group, very friendly & open, excited to jump in.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
I'd love to be adopted (between very beginner and not quite intermediate yet), and am willing to share what I've learned also. I've made simple quilts, 'Trip Around the World', 'Split Rail Fence', 'Love Knot', 'Celebrate', 'Log Cabin', basic blocks, started Stack'nWhack, learning paper piecing, want to learn english paper piece, crazy quilts. Have lots of ideas/interests. Have taken several classes & 3 quilt retreats w/national teachers. I also machine embroidery (Baby Lock Ellegante II)into quilting. Learning to 'quilt' before a long arm (hopeful). I'm new to this group, very friendly & open, excited to jump in.
Welcome but you sound more advanced than me.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM

I'd be willing to help anyone with whatever I do know, and we could put out there what I don't know to the group. I'd appreciate anyone who is more advanced taking me under their wing for questions also.
I'm always looking to try something new. But if someone would like my help, I'm very willing. Debbie
Old 10-20-2010, 05:00 PM

Correction to my want to be adopted notice. Was trying to multi task and made a few oops. I have a Grace Pinnacle frame and Juki 1500 that has never been used. Would be greatful for any help on how to maybe make my own leaders for it, or if you have a link to a video on to use. My grandbabys name is Gracee. LOL Jackie
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 PM

http://www.leadergrips.com/leadergrips.pdf
I just found this by accident, it's interesting.
I also took a class from Sharon Shamber for 2 days on long arm quilting, and she makes a side leader using canvas fabric about 1' wide, and the length of the space in your quilting table (front to back rollers), then a tube and puts a 1"dowel in the end which is what she clamps her sides to (the dowel), then pins the side leader to her back fabric. She floats her tops on. It was a very informational class, well worth the investment. I've bought several DVDs and books, and still haven't bought the long arm yet. Janet-Lee Santeusanio 'test drives' all long arms and equipment that comes on the market, and she's totally sold on the Gammill but with the Intelliquilter. We had a Prodigy demo at this retreat and Sharon Shamber is sold on it. I like aspects of both. Anyone have opinions here?
Hope the 'Leaders' link helps you. Debbie
Old 10-20-2010, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the link. Will check it out. Jackie