Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

sewbizgirl 01-01-2017 01:36 PM

I love all the layouts and colors shown! I really like the circle layout that NZ made.

Finishing up Merry Mayhem's Mystery and then I will get back to this.

joe'smom 01-01-2017 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't have clue #6 started, or #5 done for my alternate colorway, but had to put some units up anyway!

Krisb 01-01-2017 01:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am going to break up the ending three steps:

1. Make the green/yellow/neutral hourglass blocks and the sashing units, and the border units.
2. Put together the sashing strips, the inner/outer borders, and the blocks.
4. Put the center together and sew on the borders.

I know now I will feel better if all the units are just ready to construct at the end, instead of stopping--oh, now I need to piece the sashings, or piece the borders....

I don't think the fabric I got for backing and binding will work, so we will see at the end.

Right now, I am still on Clue 6. All cut but not sewn.

Here is what I have so far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]564751[/ATTACH]

Pagzz 01-01-2017 01:53 PM

Pretty KrisB. I am just starting clue 6 as I was sick all week. I got twisted and have some greens on the wrong side of the hourglass ... I need to double check and sew the same consistently, I guess. I keep mistyping and writing clue sick so perhaps I need a little more recovery.

I do love the reveal and am anxious to see all the variations that may show up.

GramE 01-01-2017 02:04 PM

Pagzz, I realized I needed to have the neutral on top when I sewed th 2 triangles together. Maybe that will help you.

lawsonmugs 01-01-2017 02:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK here we go again..... I tried her way and since I messed up the green hour glass blocks I ended up with this pattern and I also was thinking maybe I like the melon colored star that shows on the single block. If I make it I may make the single block 4 times. That doesn't make much sense when I type it. lol. But I think I know what I mean. Remember I am making a topper (4 blocks. )O M G my head is spinning. Time for a break. lol. Have fun with your blocks. They are really looking good everyone. I'm so glad I kinda followed her colors. I would never have laid it out if I hadn't. :confused::confused::rolleyes::o

GramE 01-01-2017 02:36 PM

Love those coral corners!

KalamaQuilts 01-01-2017 02:44 PM

quarter size 2016 mystery on the working wall

1 Attachment(s)
pieced the big yellow blocks into 1/2 square triangles adding a little aboriginal fabric Rob brought from Australia.
I came out with extra purple trirex, and had to make two neutral 4 patches. Pretty good

the purples look blue in this image
38 X 60 unsewn. I might change it a little bit, I don't like to go over 40" quilts on the banister.

Bonnie always says take what you want, change the rest, she doesn't mind.
I like it, it will hang from the loft bannister

Love EVERYONE'S colors! So much fun!!!

Kassaundra 01-01-2017 02:46 PM

I have made some decisions.

I was going to do a red / white fussy cut print for the yellow squares, but finding one I wanted was going to mean ordering online and hoping the colors would work, not to mention the print. I wanted white background w/ red an over all print makes the red look pink, from a distance didn't want that, so I decided the black and white cat print would make a great yellow.

I didn't have enough so I'll get more of that this week locally.

I am changing out the center from the 4 patch to either a pinwheel or a square in a square, the pinwheel would be so much easier a handful of magic 8's and wham bam done. Either way it will be from the dark teal and darkest black, grounding the center and hopefully "popping" the light b/c cat fabric.

And I am going to make it 3 x 4.

Still deciding about the last hourglass block, whether to make it an hourglass, if so changing the yellow to the same red as the constant star or ?????

Kassaundra 01-01-2017 02:55 PM

KalQ, LOVE that layout