Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Box of Strings Quilt Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/box-strings-quilt-along-t295603.html)

Krisb 04-15-2018 01:45 PM

Very pretty, QuiltnNan. How much snow did/will you get?

I think my stairs are going to be a single color. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Like the rainbow.

Macybaby 04-15-2018 04:53 PM

I've got my pieces sewing into rows. It's back to the back burner for a while again.

Tartan 04-16-2018 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593032[/ATTACH]A few more added

Tartan 04-16-2018 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These should keep me piecing for a while but I still have more scraps if needed for variety.[ATTACH=CONFIG]593033[/ATTACH]

Krisb 04-16-2018 08:11 AM

Went to LQS for the monthly “see all the new stuff we got”, audience show and tell, etc. Was reading this thread on my phone and people all around me were complimenting the quilt and saying, “But that’s too hard for me”. I would reply that it isn’t, it’s triangles and strips. So they are writing down the web address. We may have some totally new people.

Macybaby 04-16-2018 11:29 AM

that would be neat to get some new people interested.

it always amazes me that unless it was planned ahead of time, I have never met anyone in a quilt shop that knows about this board.

Conchalea 04-20-2018 04:34 AM

I have the plan for my Boxes’ final size, determined by the number of triangles I could make from my dark blue. It was left over from a quilt I made a few years ago, & I had several pieces exactly 4.5” wide-serendipity! I cut 111 full triangles & had to piece #112 to make 56 boxes. The number I have means my quilt will be 7 rows across & 16 triangles long (or 8 box blocks). It should end up about the right size for a lap blanket for sitting on a couch or chair. Not for napping though-it’ll be too short for that!

Gail B 04-26-2018 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished Box of Strings. I am really pleased with it. Size is 55" square. My niece wants one so back to the scrap bin for me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593637[/ATTACH]

Conchalea 04-28-2018 03:25 AM

I sewed strips to my last 2 triangles yesterday-112 triangles to make 56 blocks. It’s 7 X 8 blocks, but all blocks are in stacks. Sewing together will have to wait until next weekend. All quilting will cease for this week because I leave this morning for my group’s annual Waltz Across Texas, a week-long ride in various parts of Texas. I plan to put about 1500 miles on my bike & get pictures of my bike in front of more county courthouses. Texas has 254 counties, each with a courthouse. So far I have 154, so 100 to go! I will concentrate on riding this week, but I’ll miss working on my current projects while I’m gone. Fortunately, fabric is patient.

Macybaby 04-28-2018 05:40 AM

"fabric is patient" So true, no matter how long I ignore a UFO, it never gets tired of waiting and finished itself.

I have my blocks sewing in strips, and need to get them sewn together. With the dark green triangles, the quilt has moved into the "does not interest me" stage. For what ever reason, I have a difficult time getting motivated to work on quilts with a lot of green in them. The color does not inspire me. Now if I have a lot of yellow to go with the green then I do Ok. And it's not like I don't like green . . .

Conchalea, have fun on your ride!