Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Marcia.....your quilt is stunning!
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Very nice, Marcia!

I'm still working on my outside blocks and corner blocks. I wish I would have worked on them off and on as soon as we got them a while back. Oh, well!

Connie
    Last edited by retiredteacher09; 09-06-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Name:  20170907_085032_resized.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  522.6 KBI know where I made my mistake. My 4 x 4 squares are too big. Supposed to be 4 1/2 and mine are almost 5 1/2. Just not paying attention. So I need to cut those squares 8 1/2.

Marcia very pretty.
    Mary

Ouch, Marcia. Hope you didn't make too many of the 4x4s yet... It's a lot of work to take those seams in so they come out at 4.5".

They sure are pretty.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    love love the purple and greens............................

Blog Entries
    Name:  20170909_193328_resized.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  362.2 KBThanks so much for all your great support and encouragement. Here it is in progress. There is one thing that is wrong here. My 4 x 4's are turned the wrong way on the right side. The dark green should be to the outside so that the corners will have the lights going the right direction. The bottom band is just pinned there in the middle of the quilt because I did not want to get on the ladder as tired as I was last night. I fell at an auction. They shoot horses for this you know.

Marcia

Really lovely Marcia !!

Just awesome, Marcia.
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

A day without quilting is like a day without sunshine.

It's looking gorgeous, Marcia. I hope you feel better soon.
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html

Battle Axe-your quilt is turning out really gorgeous. This BOW has been so fun hasn't it.

So pretty.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    It's done. I had to make some adjustments because of my 4 x 4's being too big. I added a purple inner border and then had to put in 4 spacers, but I did get the 4 x 4's turned correctly. Now to start on the civil war fabric one.

Name:  20170910_213345_resized.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  453.4 KB

That turned out beautiful, Marcia. It's great you found a way to make it work without having to alter your 16-patches. You're so clever!

Blog Entries
    Hey Battle Axe, Your quilt is a beauty.

That is a stunner, Marcia!
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the kind comments. Truth be known...there are plenty of points that aren't perfect. The bad news is that I still have a large tub of scraps of that fabric line. Lots of odd sized pieces, but if you want to make something with some continuity it takes more purchases. Vicious cycle.

Marcia

Marcia, there are lots of scrap quilt patterns that would look great in your fabric collection. Maybe even just a baby quilt if you don't have enough for a big one.

I know just what you mean... I am working on a Farmer's Wife Pony Club quilt and I have collected so many great fabrics for it... I probably have enough to make 10 PC quilts! But once you have a collection together you can do other quilts with them. Fabric selection is done!

Marcia, How about making a scrappy Spider Web quilt with your scraps? (No pun intended.) Just use solid for the background and you can add more leftover scraps from something else if you want it larger. Would be gorgeous for a lap quilt and they are such fun to make. They are especially easy peasy with Wacky Web Triangle Papers from Missouri Star Quilt Co. Spiderweb's one of my favs when I want to de-stress and use up scraps. Even tiny scraps work at the corners. MSQC has tutorialds on both Spider Web and Periwinkle quilts. But I have to warn you, I find the Spiderweb addictive! I have 18 blocks made and want to make 2 more blocks (8 sections more) for a lap quilt 48 x 60 plus borders (or maybe just binding.) I ordered the mini templates and papers, too, but they have not arrived yet. I will probably use them for a Periwinkle quilt, using leftover Civil War fabrics from this BOW. Here are 6 of my Spiderweb blocks laid out on the back of another lap quilt. The green is just that quilt back showing around them and has nothing to do with these blocks.) Anyway this is an idea for using your beautiful green and purple scraps.
    Name:  Spiderweb blocks.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  85.2 KB
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the idea. I see you are in Florida, are you OK?? We just had a big misty rain here in Northern Indiana and according to the radar it was an outer band from Irma.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
    Thanks for the idea. I see you are in Florida, are you OK?? We just had a big misty rain here in Northern Indiana and according to the radar it was an outer band from Irma.
    Yes, just lost a bit of fencing in my back yard. Got power back on last evening. We were lucky here, for as bad as it hit Miami and others. I'm 25 miles north of Orlando and 25 miles west of Daytona, in Lake Helen; which is very close to DeLand, if you look on the map. DeLand has Stetson U and several other notable places. Lake Helen is a lovely little old town with lots of historic homes and about as close and you can get to Mayberry RFD! We have a grade school, a post office, a bar, many churches, a fire station, a police station, a Handy Way, a little ice cream shop, a pizza shop and a little lake for fishing and picnicking. (We even had a cop here at one time that we nicknamed Barney.) All my neighbors pitched in and helped me out both before and after the storm. Two got groceries for me, two others cleared my outdoor furniture before the storm and cleared debris after, and one brought me supper they cooked on their BBQ grill while the power was out! You can't beat neighbors like that!
    Last edited by Just Jan; 09-13-2017 at 09:38 AM.

That's so true. People can be so sweet and helpful. It's really just a few bad ones but they get remembered the most and shown on T.V. . I live about 5 miles from town and our town is way smaller than yours. 1 post office 1 convience store and 1 hair dresser,several churches. That's it. Town is about 1/2 a block long. lol And I live way out in the country from there. lol. Love it too.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Sewww glad you are back to some form of normal. Hope all the rest get there soon.

Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
    Marcia, How about making a scrappy Spider Web quilt with your scraps? (No pun intended.) Just use solid for the background and you can add more leftover scraps from something else if you want it larger. Would be gorgeous for a lap quilt and they are such fun to make. They are especially easy peasy with Wacky Web Triangle Papers from Missouri Star Quilt Co. Spiderweb's one of my favs when I want to de-stress and use up scraps. Even tiny scraps work at the corners. MSQC has tutorialds on both Spider Web and Periwinkle quilts. But I have to warn you, I find the Spiderweb addictive! I have 18 blocks made and want to make 2 more blocks (8 sections more) for a lap quilt 48 x 60 plus borders (or maybe just binding.) I ordered the mini templates and papers, too, but they have not arrived yet. I will probably use them for a Periwinkle quilt, using leftover Civil War fabrics from this BOW. Here are 6 of my Spiderweb blocks laid out on the back of another lap quilt. The green is just that quilt back showing around them and has nothing to do with these blocks.) Anyway this is an idea for using your beautiful green and purple scraps.
    Name:  Spiderweb blocks.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  85.2 KB
    Love your scrappy spider. I have been meaning to make one for years but never got to it. Maybe one day. In the mean time I'll enjoy looking at yours and others.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
    It's done. I had to make some adjustments because of my 4 x 4's being too big. I added a purple inner border and then had to put in 4 spacers, but I did get the 4 x 4's turned correctly. Now to start on the civil war fabric one.

Name:  20170910_213345_resized.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  453.4 KB
    Sew pretty Battleax! Very elegant and feminine. You did an amazing job. Any ideas how you plan to quilt it?
    Anna Quilts

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast