Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 2018 Christmas Cookie Recipes

Thank you Claudia! So easy to make and they sound delicious!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Last year I made Christmas rice crispie treats. I colored the Marshmallow mixture green. I added captain crunch berry to the cereal for ornaments. I cut them into triangles. Kids and adults liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaM View Post
    I always like some mint treats on my cookie tray. These are so good and my daughter & brother ask for them every year! Chocolate Mint Marshmallow, yummy.

http://www.glimmercreations.com/2014...kie-candy.html
    OMG .... Those look too darned dangerous .... as in eat them all?

Wondering?
    Is there any reason why one couldn't simplify the messy part,
    and smoosh the mix into a pan and cut as squares?

Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaM View Post
    I always like some mint treats on my cookie tray. These are so good and my daughter & brother ask for them every year! Chocolate Mint Marshmallow, yummy.

http://www.glimmercreations.com/2014...kie-candy.html
    Oh my goodness.... I made a 'test batch' of the Chocolate Mint Marshmallow cookies and, of course, I had to taste the mixture while making it - yummy! But then.. once it was refrigerated for awhile and I went back to try a nice chilled mint cookie.. oh.my.goodness. these are wonderful!

Easy & taste delicious! Thank you for the recipe
    Christine

TheMerkleFamily ... thanks for the further endorsement and making the desires even stronger!

What do about my question about spreading the mixture into a pan and cutting as squares?

I am so not a fiddler and this would make it all so much easier.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Related sort of. Quilt fabric and cookies. Moda has a colorway of grunge called “Sugar Cookies.” It is a neutral with some light color patches.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
    I found the link to the Wisconsin cookie books. All the way back to the beginning are available. So many great recipes to go thru. I hope you all enjoy them. ttps://www.we-energies.com/recipes/cookiebooks/index.htm
    Thank you so much for this website! I just love it! I enjoy reading those old recipes from 1923 to present day. I should be in the kitchen making the cookies! I found one that used bacon fat for the shortening which is what my Grandmother always used and it added the best flavor to the cookies. I'll never forget it. A real pleasant flashback. Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
    Thank you so much for this website! I just love it! I enjoy reading those old recipes from 1923 to present day. I should be in the kitchen making the cookies! I found one that used bacon fat for the shortening which is what my Grandmother always used and it added the best flavor to the cookies. I'll never forget it. A real pleasant flashback. Thank you again!
    Just like how a lot of bakeries have flavors of sweets with bits of bacon for that lovely sweet and salty combo.

Had to update the thread with pics of my Christmas Cookie Platters - I'm in full production mode now! I will prepare and give away 15-18 of these over the next few weeks.. Lots of yummy stuff here! I move them out as soon as I bake them otherwise I would eat them all!!

In this batch I included the Worlds Best Cookie recipe (thanks DarcyShannon) and I added holiday colored sprinkles.. I plan to mix up the selection as I continue to bake.

Anyone hungry for some holiday sweets??

Christine
    Name:  Christmas Cookies 2018.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  113.6 KBName:  Christmas Platter 2018.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  91.5 KB
    Christine

Blog Entries
    Oh, Christine, they look so yummy! The Santa's Garbage Cookies are terrific. I think they will be standards for us from now on.

Leslie

cjsews - How can we ever thank you for the link? Just a fabulous cookie resource going so far back! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Oh gosh, I missed this thread earlier and feel my resolve to not make Christmas cookies dissolve!! Does anyone know if there's a way to print out this whole thread? We have one staple Christmas cookie that I HAVE to make, which came from my DH's grandma. They are meant to get hard and our favorite way to eat them is to just let them melt in our mouths. Others soak them in coffee or milk.
    KLUTCHENS
    1 C butter
    1.5 C sugar
    1 C Karo light syrup
    1 C sour cream
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 T anise seed (we love anise, so I put in most of a box of anise seed and a little bottle of anise extract)
    6 C of flour (this is approximate...the dough should not be sticky)

Mix all of this (a strong man is useful here, otherwise probably a good stand mixer) and when it's nice and stiff, make rope like rolls of dough and slice into small pieces. I make them marble sized. Bake at 350 until they are light to medium brown...Sorry, I'm not sure exactly how long. Leave on cookie sheet a few minutes, then dump them into a bowl or pan where they have room to cool thoroughly. They should be hard all the way through.

Merry Christmas all!

I make this Pistachio Bread every year.

1 White cake mix
    1 box pistachio pudding (instant)
    1/2 cup oil
    1 cup sour cream
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup white sugar
    about 1/4 tsp green food color

Sift (don’t skip this) cake mix into large mixing bowl. Add everything else & combine thoroughly. Preheat oven 350. Grease 2 loaf pans & put 1/4 of batter in each pan. Mix 4 tsp cinnamon with 3 tsp white sugar, sprinkle half on batter in pans. Repeat with remaining batter & finish with remaining cinnamon mix on top. Bake 45-55 minutes. Test center with toothpick. Cool 10 minutes (important) then remove from pan & cool on wire rack.

No cookie baking here this year. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on a remodel of kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. Kitchen was totally gutted down to studs. Cook top is installed in island, but wall oven is not yet in. Hopefully, in a few days - but there are boxes and STUFF everywhere! Most of the kitchen boxes have been unpacked and things are in the cupboards. However, I have had a terrible cold - no energy, and am coughing like crazy. Not interested in baking.

Next year, though - I will enjoy having lots of counter space on the island and my KitchenAid conveniently in a little garage in the corner of the counter. I've always wanted to do a cookie exchange, maybe I'll finally do one.

Anyhow - We make my MIL's cut outs w/ royal icing, pipe around edges then flood. More time, but less messy and very pretty. I used to make angels and decorate right down to blue eyes. No more of that! Mittens w/ a cuff, stars, trees.

Kiffles, DD loves them and they are ridiculously priced in the store. Not bad to make, but they do not keep very well. However, I have had a terrible cold - no energy, and am coughing like crazy. Not interested in baking.

Cranberry Hootycreeks. What the heck is a hootycreek? I think that is what originally caught my eye with these cookies.

Peanut Butter Blossoms and a chewy ginger molasses (that only I will eat - soooo good with coffee!).

When we had older relatives, I baked lots of cookies and made up tins to give them. Now we are the older relatives, lol!

That cookie variety looks so nice.

I made and decorated sugar cookies with a neighbor on Thursday. I have some friends and kids coming over tomorrow to decorate cookies. I will try to post pictures. It isn’t easy so I tend to not to post as many pictures as I would if only one step.

I may make a batch of fudge. I love seeing all the variety and may do more next year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3