Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All Those Vegan Burgers Out There!

Thanks everyone. I'll try to post my burger recipe this week. I think I'd better make a batch first to make sure that the instructions are clear and the taste is right.

~ C

Blog Entries
    First I am an Omnivore, but I do not turn my nose up at other ways of eating.

There is an incredible vegetarian restaurant in my town that offers Gluten Free, Dairy Free and/or Vegan dishes. The food across the board is incredible, made in house, and I would guess that 75% of their customers do not identify as vegetarian or vegan.

They do not use the word burger, they use the word patty to describe a round puck shaped portion of food that may or may not be served on a bun.

The local bagel shop has an incredible veggie patty that you can have served on a bagel or with a salad. It does not try to emulate beef, it is delicious in its own right.

Hamburgers are named for Hamburg in Germany, not the meat within them.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Power Poster
    "patty" is my preferred word for this, too

I have tried a few vegan burgers before, tasted like cardboard. Speaking of vegan foods, I did try scrambled "eggs" made from tofu and a mixture of spices, it was rather tasty. But I do love my hot and sour soup with strips of tofu and seaweed with those delicate shiitake mushrooms.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Went to Safeway yesterday and they had a big display in the meat department with all of the Beyond Meat products on sale. I usually don't go into the meat department, but I was looking for some chicken that was supposedly on sale, to feed to my dogs. No chicken on sale, but the Beyond Meat was. Lucky me! I stocked up!

I've tried the Brats and Italian Sausage, which are both very good, but I've yet to try their burgers, (err...patties.) I bought some and I'm planning on having a yummy burger for lunch today.

Note: The casing's on the sausages are a little different than I'm used to. They brown up nice when you use a little oil in a cast iron pan to cook them in. Otherwise, they look kind of shriveled when cooked.

~ C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2