Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
How to get rid of bitter taste? >

How to get rid of bitter taste?

How to get rid of bitter taste?

Old 01-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Vat

Dunkin' Donuts coffee is good. I sprinkle just a small amount of salt in my coffee to cut the bitter, before I doctor it
up with my favorite creamer (French Vanilla).
Old 01-10-2015, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter View Post
I put just a pinch of salt into my coffee to get rid of the bitter taste. Learned this from my mother. If I forget the salt I know it as soon as I take a sip.

...took the words right out of my mouth...about the salt.......

About the Keurig .....I bought myself one last year....have done both...bought prepacked and made my own......I am seriously thinking of just buying a small (4cup) coffee maker...just me here...prepackaged are expensive and cleaning those containers for doing ones own are a pain....and I really end up doing 2/3 cups before noon anyway......what to do, what to do.....
Old 01-10-2015, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

If anyone is looking for an easy one cup of coffee alternative to the keurig, I got a Mellitta plastic cone that fits over a coffee mug and I put a paper filter size #2 in it, coffee to my taste, and pour boiling water over it and let it drip into the mug. I have a hot water dispenser, but before that used either a kettle or boiled it in the microwave. Just a thought. Takes just a minute to drip.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
If anyone is looking for an easy one cup of coffee alternative to the keurig, I got a Mellitta plastic cone that fits over a coffee mug and I put a paper filter size #2 in it, coffee to my taste, and pour boiling water over it and let it drip into the mug. I have a hot water dispenser, but before that used either a kettle or boiled it in the microwave. Just a thought. Takes just a minute to drip.
exactly my method. Ultra hot, ultra fresh cup every single time.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:14 AM

I do what Alyce does, I've been using the Mellitta cone for years. I can buy what ever flavor of coffee I want and it's ready in a few minutes. No coffee pot to clean just the mug and rinse out the plastic cone. Those little prepackaged coffee pods are expensive and create more waste in our landfills. Sure they are convenient but why not just buy the one that you fill and reuse. That way you can experiment with the brand, and type of coffee you want and put in how many scoops you need for your taste.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:25 AM

Like many, I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar LOL. We buy whatever is on sale.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

Return it. If it happens again, return it again and go back to what you had. I just use a little creamer in my coffee. I like the combo of the bitter and creamer. We get the Folger's French Roast. DH tried to bring home what he used to get. Told him I was tired of tasting nothing. He tends to be frugal with the wrong things. Sometimes have to tell him to add more or I will.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:40 AM

I love my Keurig and I use Mountain Green Breakfast Blend. My husband still uses old coffee machine just because he drinks lots of coffee in the mornings before I even get up. It might be a little expensive, but I am worth it and it's about the only vice I have except for quilting and I drink 2 cups in the morning (sometimes just one). I do add half and half to it. When this one goes out I will definitely buy another one. The HEB brand (I think it's called Texas Pecan, kind of forgot) is pretty good too. I don't like strong coffee and these were the mildest I could find.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 AM

I hear that lol lil bit of coffee.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:15 AM

I don't have that machine but if I did, I would cut back on the amt used for 1 cup. I never use pre packs for making coffee. My main coffee maker is a drip and used one for years like Mr coffee. There cheap to replace if need too. I save the chafe for an extra in case I break the other.