Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
mmmmmm my creamy tomato basil soup!! >

mmmmmm my creamy tomato basil soup!!

mmmmmm my creamy tomato basil soup!!

Old 08-27-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
That looks yummy!! I love creamed soups, especially with winter coming.

I've been meaning to make some rueben sandwiches. Do you have any special advice for my first time? I have the swiss cheese, the rye bread and the sauerkraut. I also have 2 kinds of dressing--Russian and Thousand Island--not sure which to use. Also I don't know whether to use corned beef or pastrami. Thanks to anyone who knows how to make a good rueben :D
Sounds like you've got the goods. Just make sure to put the sauerkraut in the middle with the dressing so it isn't soggy and heat the sauerkraut in a bowl in the microwave first so you don't burn the sandwich tring to warm it. I personally prefer thousand island dressing. Alot like a big mac which i'm trying not to eat anymore!!! Oh and i prefer thinly sliced pastrami. but that's me ;)
Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by martha jo
Sounds wonderful. Not familiar with the pizza seasoning. Is that a regional thing?
http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...pizzaseas.html
MMMMMMmmmmmmm!!! the best spices come from here!! guarenteed to make ANYTHING you cook better!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Originally Posted by adyldrop
i just ran to the grocery store. Got a basil plant and picked it almost clean. How close is your local store?? It only takes 45 minutes to cook before you get to enjoy!!!
Meh. We had tacos. I had everything for that, including ripe avocado and tomatoes and stuff. :P

How do you keep your basil alive? I tried about 4x last year and the darn thing kept croaking on the kitchen counter.
best buy home grown not from a store---don't overwater but always keep moist in a N W window sill and DON'T leave in a draught.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:32 PM

This sounds scrumptious! Will bookmark it and make. I love tomato basil soup. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Now , see?, y'all just are NOT playing fair(hehehehehehe) I love to cook, love to learn new recipes, and here I go in a tangent of recipies along with quilting, I just don't have the time to clean the house!!! hehehehehehehehehe

and way I understand, the basil is a great cold remedy, along with the garlic, what germ would stand it in our bods??!!
I am not called psychomom for nothing!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Does it work as well with Fresh tomatoes? I have plent in my garden right now and need to come up will something to do.

I have made a lot of Bruchetta and salsa. Love Tomatoes with garlic and basil.....
I grow the basil fresh. Yes I have had troubles keeping it alive in the house, I also had snails eat all of it in the garden. Now I have it in pots on an old patio table and it does better.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Does it work as well with Fresh tomatoes? I have plent in my garden right now and need to come up will something to do.

I have made a lot of Bruchetta and salsa. Love Tomatoes with garlic and basil.....
I grow the basil fresh. Yes I have had troubles keeping it alive in the house, I also had snails eat all of it in the garden. Now I have it in pots on an old patio table and it does better.
sorry this is kinda late... i've read that 'Fresh tomatoes can be used instead of canned tomatoes. If using fresh tomatoes, be sure to blanch or peel and core before chopping.'
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 PM

Tomato soup is my favorite, and this recipe sounds so easy, I have to make it.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM

Looks so good I can almost smell it :lol: :lol: It sounds like a great recipe esp. with all the garlic YUMMY!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:02 PM

Had this the first time at la Madelaine near DC. Awesome awesome soup!