Grandma's Sour Cream Pie

1 cup sour cream
1 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 egg

bake in a pastry shell until custard is done 350º

This was my grandmother's recipe and you can see there are not many directions. I test to see if it's done by poking a knife in the middle and see if it comes out clean. It's really a very yummy pie.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:36 PM

That sounds good. The old recipes are some of the best. I'm going to try this...maybe tomorrow since I have all the ingredients.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:32 PM

I suppose you could leave the raisins out but there won't be much pie left. I guess I think of it as a raisin pie with no raisins. Hmm. Try it. I can't think of what you could substitute that would be as tasty.

Our family always puts raisins in our enchiladas. It's just the way we've always made them. My daughters usually end up picking the raisins out while I chastise them! It's become a family tradition now! Let yours pick the raisins out of the pie. :lol: Tell them try it, you'll like it!

P.S. Our mother had a saying, "If they like it they'll eat more. If they don't they'll eat a little less." I think I have picked up her attitude!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I suppose you could leave the raisins out but there won't be much pie left. I guess I think of it as a raisin pie with no raisins. Hmm. Try it. I can't think of what you could substitute that would be as tasty.

Our family always puts raisins in our enchiladas. It's just the way we've always made them. My daughters usually end up picking the raisins out while I chastise them! It's become a family tradition now! Let yours pick the raisins out of the pie. :lol: Tell them try it, you'll like it!

P.S. Our mother had a saying, "If they like it they'll eat more. If they don't they'll eat a little less." I think I have picked up her attitude!
I need to like less then so I'll eat less and maybe shrink some. The pie sounds a lot like my aunt's sour cream raisin pie, YUMME!!! :lol: She finally gave me the recipe and I don't do to bad making it except my meringue wasn't up to hers. :roll:
Old 12-15-2007, 05:34 AM

Does your family like cranberries? Anywhere raisins can be used, craisins are just as good, a little more tart, but yummy.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 PM

Yvonne, I made the pie today and hubby and I both thank you for the recipe. I left out the cloves. I think I'll make it for a Christmas party on Tues. where the main meal is catered but the board members bring dessert.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:28 PM

I'll bet chopped dried apricots or dried peaches would work great in this recipe.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:12 PM

Glad you liked the pie! It's yummy, huh?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:44 PM

well I like raisins but never would have dreamed of putting them in enchiladas! I may try that too.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Don't knock it until you've tried it. It's an old family recipe and I have no idea who started putting the raisins in but they are great!

Our enchiladas start with cooking up a pound of ground beef with an onion, adding tomatoe sauce, some of a can of "el pato" hot sauce, can of green giant corn, a cup of raisins, season to taste. Then we just wrap them up in tortillas and add cheese and bake. Serve them with chili beans. Yummy!

They're even good eaten cold. My brother calls them "enchilada popsicles."