Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
whats cookin today? >

whats cookin today?

whats cookin today?

Old 01-04-2015, 01:53 PM

Cauliflower Cheese soup. I made it last night, so its left overs. Always better the next day.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nanacc View Post
Wish I could join you!! I lived in La for a few years and had friends who could make gumbo to die for!! I never got the nerve to try to duplicate their fantastic cooking! Really miss my Cajun friends and those treats!
Well come on over! We weren't born here, but over time have learned the beauty of the roux and enjoy the traditional foods we get here.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Well come on over! We weren't born here, but over time have learned the beauty of the roux and enjoy the traditional foods we get here.
Thanks for the invite..would love it! I had the advantage(disadvantage?) of living in a small town in central La that was 98% French-Cajun. Advantage...good food and the friendliest people ever. Disadvantage...they all took it for granted, because of my looks that I was Cajun..had to explain all the time that I couldn't understand their language!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:42 PM

Snowy day here, looking forward to cabbage roll casserole.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Oven Cabbage roll casserole. Basically this is the cabbage roll filling put in between layer of sliced cabbage. It tastes the same but is a heck of a lot less work.
I'll be right over! Sounds delish. Will you share the recipe?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:48 PM

Bob Evans cooked for us today. DH had susage gravy over biscuits. (EEEUUUWWW...IMHO) and I had a chicken salad with fruit. Mom had a cranberry chicken salad. All of us brought leftovers home, so that's it for today!
Old 01-04-2015, 04:14 PM

Haven't decided yet, DH still watching the ball game
Would love to have your recipe for bread & butter jalapenos ,love,love, love jalapenos
Old 01-04-2015, 04:43 PM

If we all lived on the same block, we could have one heck of a smorgesboard. lol Who sys southern folks aren't friendly? We all just love to eat.
After supper, its gonna be Downtown Abby tonite!!!!! woohoo.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:29 PM

Well my husband does the cooking around here. I work 3 days a week and he is home every day except when he goes to therapy. He fixed baked salmon, crab legs, brown rice and mixed vegetables. He ate the salmon and I ate the crab legs, what a treat for me. Tomorrow will be leftovers, salmon, chicken and the brown rice.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

I fixed green beans with sausage and brats. I got fresh green beans but frozen will do. Don't even have to thaw them the package. I fry up some bacon with the brats also. Take the bacon out and let brats finish in the bacon fat. Put bacon in paper towels to get rid of excess fat. Cut the bacon into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces. Get the beans and broth/stock in pot/dutch oven going. Drop the bacon and brats in the bean pot. Bring to a boil. You may need to add a little water to make sure it's covered or more stock/broth. After brought to a boil cut the brats in half while still in the pot. Up to you if you want to add more seasoning. if there are only a couple you can add potatoes for about 40 minutes. Or serve potatoes separately. Onion if you choose.