Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
iPad and Quilting >

iPad and Quilting

iPad and Quilting

Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 PM

If it is a Kindle book, e-book, all you need is a Kindle. They are much cheaper than the IPad. Amazon is advertising them for $79.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Default Ipad

If you do get the iPad be sure to look at Evernote - It's a free ap and a great one. Basically it let's you clip from the net to your computer and iPad and they synch with one another. I love it!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove View Post
Curious about the storage size.... iPad2 offers 3 different storage and one w/wifi or w/wifi & 3G... any input on those features? I'm hope'n to get one for birthday/anniversary/xmas gift
I currently have the 32GB with wifi and 3G. The size you need is determined by the things you want to keep on your iPad. I have a couple hundred songs, at least a couple hundred pictures, and a whole bunch of apps. I have only used 2.6GB. If you are going to save lots of movies and a whole lot more music than I do, then you probably need the 64GB, but I don't do movies on my iPad, and if I ever do I don't need to save them cause I only watch movies once. I have plenty of room for that.
Most places you go do have wifi. We travel all summer in our 5th wheel and find that most of the state parks we go to have wifi. However, we also go to some real in-the-woods places where there is no water or electricity, and definitely no wifi, so I got the 3G. It costs an additional $20 per month, but I only subscribe for the months that we are in the sticks. You don't have to sign up for a contract.
So, if you are mostly in places that have wifi, 3G is not needed.
So, all the differences in the models are choices that you can make, based on your needs.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday/'anniversary/xmas!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:27 PM

I use my IPad every day for reading the board, listening to music with wifi headphones, games, reading books, watching, lots of apps. Love it!!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme View Post
So, that must mean there are apps for whole Bible versions! Is it easy to also take or make notes while you are viewing a passage and listening to a sermon OR does that get complicated?

I am liking the idea of getting an iPad2 more and more!
Yes there are Bible apps and you can get just about any version you want. I've never tried to take any notes when viewing a passage or when the pastor is giving his sermon but I assume it could be done.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:36 PM

What are the names of the books and patterns that y'all have downloaded? When making pillow slips last year I watched the YouTube video right at my sewing machine...that was neat and easy.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 PM

We have cheap pay as you go phones that work really well for our needs, having said that, wish I was interested in all that tech stuff. Besides, I don't have an extra buck now from buying fabric and machines. shame on me!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 PM

I don't have an IPad. I think it would be pretty nice to have, though. I store all of my quilting information on my Mac.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Wow, all this tech stuff! I am a tech junkie ALMOST! I still haven't seen a reason to get an Ipad. I have an Iphone and can do most of all that has been mentioned. I also love my laptop, which I can do everything on. I certainly look and think of an Ipad but a person can get technology overload and it does not come without cost. I love reading what has been posted, and may learn something new.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:31 PM

Can your patterns be printed from the iPad? Can you add content to your iPad? Been thinking about getting one.