Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-10-2016, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Awesome blocks ladies. I love how some of you are being able to incorporate the names of the recipients of the quilts in the blocks. I know my nephew really liked that on his.
Thanks Kass - Glad your nephew liked it. I do love to personalize any way possible. I was so happy with Conner's and was laughing with the NASA font. So keep this in mind for any further Booms and I will continue to ask people!
Old 09-10-2016, 07:53 AM

Libster - love it.
I don't know how you all get two blocks out of a F8. I usually use so much there isn't anything left. But oh how I appreciate them!!
Old 09-10-2016, 08:08 AM

Love all the bonus blocks Libster! I'm hoping there's one for me too (she says with all fingers crossed!).
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Libster - love it.
I don't know how you all get two blocks out of a F8. I usually use so much there isn't anything left. But oh how I appreciate them!!
Old 09-10-2016, 08:15 AM

This is Yankee Charm from QC for Kassaundra. I made a slight variation bc I was running very close to the end of the F8. I hope you like it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557928[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 09-10-2016, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Love all the bonus blocks Libster! I'm hoping there's one for me too (she says with all fingers crossed!).

We shall see. LOL
Old 09-10-2016, 08:40 AM

This is Yankee Charm from QC for Kassaundra. I made a slight variation bc I was running very close to the end of the F8. I hope you like it.
i love this block because you can still see the pattern. Nice choice, not always possible. Great block!
Old 09-10-2016, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Libster - love it.
Depending on the pattern you're making and how many fabrics you can add to the block decides if there'll be enough focus fabric left for a second simple block. Most of my bonus blocks will be based on a 9 patch variation of some kind. When someone requests a 2 color block, no way you'll have enough left for a second one. I'm just enjoying seeing what I can come up with with the scraps and still have it be the focus of the block.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Janice, thank you I love it. I am so glad I went w/ teal for this fabric, you ladies are doing a great job w/ this.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:36 AM

It's turning out to be a pretty color combination. I wasn't sure at first but as the blocks started appearing, it was clear it worked. Good job, Kass.

All my plants are drying up outside so I was watering them a bit. The mosquitos are vicious today and they ran me inside. Maybe I'll get a second block done today. I've finished 8 so I'm in a good place although the real challenging fabrics remain untouched. Soon.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Janice, thank you I love it. I am so glad I went w/ teal for this fabric, you ladies are doing a great job w/ this.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:19 AM

Janice we have horrendous flies, wasps and mosquitoes. No need to water, there has been record rainfall this summer. The water is going to be higher taking boats and docks out this fall then it was last spring. That has never happened before. Hubby is very crabby, his brake hose blew a hole. Truck is in shop but indeed car to go to sister's. A good friend is lending him his car.