Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 10-17-2015, 12:17 PM

Joan, you take care of yourself and let us know how you are getting along. Next Boom won't start until next year so hopefully you'll be up for it.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
..... Ive got some medical issues that have to be dealt with immediately..just hope Im still here in 4 weeks!
Old 10-17-2015, 01:45 PM

Jaba, prayers of healing and speedy recovery for you and your family.....

Bee
Old 10-17-2015, 02:19 PM

She has bacterial meningitis, they are giving her the antibiotics but don't know if any damage was done to her brain from the seizures yet. Need her to come out of the coma first. I appreciate those healing prayers, thank you ladies. Hopefully the morning will bring some good news.
So glad Mike is doing better and on the road to recovery!
Old 10-17-2015, 04:05 PM

Continuing good thoughts and wishes all evening...
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
She has bacterial meningitis, they are giving her the antibiotics but don't know if any damage was done to her brain from the seizures yet. Need her to come out of the coma first. I appreciate those healing prayers, thank you ladies. Hopefully the morning will bring some good news.
So glad Mike is doing better and on the road to recovery!
Old 10-17-2015, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Have a favor to ask ladies, need some help from your "higher power" My granddaughter has been having headaches and fever spikes, went to the doctor and they thought it was stress from selling house, buying a new one etc She had a seizure yesterday morning went into a coma and has not come out of it. MRI this morning but they are sure it is meningitis. They will decide on the best treatment today. Healing thoughts would be appreciated
Oh my gosh Jaba you and your family have absolutely have everything I have to give.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:21 PM

@jaba, wishing and hoping for a quick recovery for your grand daughter.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:03 AM

Default The Dawning

This morning is dawning on a cold and clear day in Georgia. It’s also dawning on my acceptance of what I’ve known for at least a month but have been unwilling to accept. My time with the Booms has come to an end. I no longer have the heart needed to run this swap well for you so Boom 15 was my last one. No one needs to take the blame or the credit for this but me. You all know what’s been happening in my life but what most of you don’t realize is that this last half year has simply sucked the life right out of me; this gal is all tuckered out. I’m all out of oomph and oomph is needed to run this swap properly and negotiate the various minefields inherent in any group environment. I cannot do it now and I cannot even bring myself to try. See, no more oomph.

I don’t want to leave, however, without telling you all how much I appreciate you and the time I have spent with you, you and all the former Boomers, these last two years. This has been a fabulous experience for me and I hope you’ve enjoyed it. I’ve met some wonderful, caring people and I’m the better for it. Thank you to everyone. And, of course, I’m still going to be around, hopefully participating in swaps run by others and checking in to see what you are up to. I actually have some ideas for new swaps and challenges and if I can settle back into my life, maybe I’ll bring them to you and the QB. And speaking of the QB, thanks to them for allowing me this terrific 2 year experience.

Fondly,
Janice McC
Old 10-18-2015, 06:23 AM

Jaba prayers are being sent your way for your granddaughter! Time does heal.

Janice, thank you sew much for the wonderful service you have given us. I've sew enjoyed the two booms I have done with you. You do a fantastic job!
On another note, a caretaker takes the toll of service themselves. I've seen this first hand as my mother took care of my aging father who is now gone. It also takes time to heal, & time to go through the grief. I wish you the best! Prayers sent your way too!
Old 10-18-2015, 08:41 AM

I sure don't like your news Janice, but I do understand it. Sometimes the best thing we can do is take time for ourselves before we can really be there for the other's in our lives. I wish you that journey and look forward to your homecoming.
A good note this morning, Monica did respond to noise and was able to answer a couple of questions from her doctor with a no and a yes before she was quiet again. Hopefully her recovery has started. Your prayers are a blessing ladies and I thank you with all my heart.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:00 AM

Great news Jaba! Muse and sew, perfectly said I agree totally.